Hello! From New Zealand ^_^

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiledreamlove

Reaction score
Hello there,

I've posted in a couple of places already, but I was just waiting until my new fluffy bundle of bunny arrived before making this thread.

My name is Rochelle, but everyone calls me Chelle. I'm 24yrs old and come from Christchurch, New Zealand.

I am a university student studying a Bachelor of Arts degree. I was planning on becoming a secondary teacher, but of late, I've been thinking of changing degrees to primary school teaching. It's a good thing I decided to take this year off schooling to think about where I want to go!

We have quite a few animals, I personally own a dog, a horse, 2 cats, a guinea pig, 2 goldfish and now have wee Kuromi - my baby bunny.

I'm reasonably new to bunnies... we have got two girls who we rescued from a bad past - Cookies and Cream. But because they're not very fond of people despite our efforts, if I'm honest, I didn't really get interested in rabbits. Very recent I came across the chance for a baby bunny, after recently losing a guinea pig friend, and jumped at the chance. I spent a whole week researching before picking her up. However, I deem myself still completely new to this world and would love for helpful, friendly advice if I make a mistake, or am worried I am making a mistake!

Cookies and Cream were both meant to be males, but after learning to sex rabbits from online, I found them to be girls! They are, as some on the forum here have helped me with, Netherland dwarf x mini rex bunnies.

Kuromi - well the person I got her from wasn't very knowledgable. I asked her about the breed, and she said "Well they're rabbits. You've seen Mum and Dad was white." So I'm not sure of what she is. I've not sexed her yet, but according to a vet, she's a healthy wee girl. I think I'll make a thread soon to share and find out haha!

Anyways, please if you have any knowledge to pass on about baby bunnies that I should be aware of that'd be grand. She's indoors, in a large cage I built from inspiration on here. I have a guinea pig so I have made grid cages before. She's away from windows/doors too.

I know that she can only have pellets (rabbit pellets from a reputable feed merchant, who we normally buy our rabbit/guinea supplies from) and good quality meadow hay. And that I can feed her veges now and then from 12 weeks old... just one at a time... and from 6mths on she can have more of a variety. And not to feed fruit for a year. LOL phew, I hope my reading has done me well!

If you made it this far, I thank you! Here's some pics in reward!

225521_10150182561340817_599905816_7376171_1767880_n.jpg

Cream (please excuse the messy floor, I was in the middle of cleaning when they were brought inside.)

229517_10150182561305817_599905816_7376169_7018008_n.jpg

Cookies.

226741_10150186357735817_599905816_7416196_4636231_n.jpg

Kuromi settling in her new home.

224346_10150186357630817_599905816_7416193_5704414_n.jpg

Kuromi again. She now has pellets in her dish too :)

Thanks for such an awesome website. I look forward to becoming more knowledgeable!

Chelle x

Hi Chelle.

Welcome to RO.

It's great that you "rescued" Cookies and Cream. Who know maybe one day they will realise that you really care & love them and they will show you some affection. They are Beautiful Bunnies.

Kuromi is adorable too. I look forward to seeing more pictures of all of them.

Susan:)

well you're off to a great start as a bunny slave because you've found this forum! its wonderful that you've spent time researching before jumping into bunny ownership. i can see why you were inclined to adopt all three of your fuzzybuns because they are all cute as can be!

Let me welcome you to Rabbits Online, my name is Dave and I am a moderator on the forum. So if I can be of any help please let me know. This is a terrific website for rabbits and their slaves, not only is it very active but also friendly. I am so glad you’re here and I know you will enjoy it.

Many bunny's recommend their slaves to this site so we may learn of others methods to keeping our furry masters happy.

Your bunny's are beautiful.

If you everhave a sick bunny, please post in The Infirmary and include your rabbit's age, breed and health history as well diet and output details leading up to the problem.

I have listed some links I thought you might find interesting:

*For reference the Library section

*To brag or tell everyone about the antics of your bunny or just to talk about your day here is where to start a Bunny Blog, you can also look back at it later and remember when you had a life before your bunny.

*Now all the bunny’s like talk to each other when we mere slaves aren’t around in the Bunny Chat is the spot to be.

*Rabbits Online also has regional forums , this a good way to find a vet in your area that has experience with rabbits and to find out from other nearby of good sources of rabbit supplies.

The Let Your Hare Down section is for anything non-bunny related.

Here is a link tothat will help you and your bunny to connect, How To Bond With Your Bunny.

Now every forum has rules and ours can be found with this link Rabbits Online Forum Rules. This gives guidelines on what is acceptable, what is not and how we hope everyone will treat each other.

Everyone on this forum loves to see pictures of each other’s bunnies. So if you would like to post a picture this link will help you do that, Upload Photo's to Photo Gallery. Then in the post, you click on the "G" in the tool bar to insert your photo. Many people also use Photobucket. You just copy the img file and paste it into the post.

I am glad you have joined rabbits online and I look forward to seeing you around.

Latest posts

Back