My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a picture of Ellie flopping today! Just a few minutes ago. Don't mind the hay in her water, I'm about to go clean her enclosure.
nxp93.jpg

And then I heard something weird in the kitchen, so I went in and saw the blanket moving. She was under the blanket and I managed to get this picture before she disappeared back under.
5ebcig.jpg

Here is her round rump in her box! haha. She's such a ball.
2s79bia.png

Ellie likes the fan, once she realizes what it is, she flops right in front of it.

Oh yes, 10 people is MUCH more manageable than 40. Denise you're right, last year, I didn't even sit down. I went to bed at 2am the night before and got up at 6am to start all over with making sure everything was right. It was chaos. I didn't get to talk to many people, I didn't get to enjoy it. I don't even think I ate anything until like 10 that night after cleaning everything up. Everyone had a really good time though and they enjoyed the food, but I didn't get to relax a bit! So this year will be much more low key and it will be much more causal and relaxing.

That pic of her with her nose sticking out is just so lovely, she has such a cute little nose. It´s so funny that her butt is so black but she has that lovely white band and that cutie little black and white face. I just love her.

10 is much easier to handle. It is such hard work when you have too many people trying to make sure there´s enough, food and drink and keeping everything going.

Ah, I get it now. :)

It rained last night too. We needed the rain because it was so dry for a long time. And it definitely made everything grow. Some of my seeds even sprouted. I'm glad you have some figs on your fig tree. We have a fig tree but it doesn't have any fruit on it. Its so tiny.

Haha, funny about your hubbys friend. I bet he was wishing he had a garden like yours.

That's a good idea cycleing the toys. Its good because if you kept getting new toys and not getting rid of the old ones your whole house would be filled with toys after time, haha.

Ellie sounds like a little pig. Ash doesn't eat as much as her and he's a lot bigger than her. She must have one huge stomach.

The new pictures of Ellie are cute! My favorite is the picture of her little nose sticking out from under the blanket. She's such a silly girl.

Okay, I had no idea that chickens were so complicated. I may have to rethink future plans of chicken ownership. I have enough complicated pets and hobbies without adding egg/chicken management on top of it. :D

Ellie is SO cute! She looks huge to me too for some reason, but that might be because I have dwarfs. So after she gets spayed do you have any plans for a friend for Ellie? Maybe that would help keep her occupied. Percy was a nightmare with getting into things until he had a companion to bum around with. Now he behaves himself quite well! :)

I love that pic of Ellie under her blankie! None of my rabbits do that. I wish they would cause I think it's pretty cute. Mine just dig and chew at theirs.

I still can't believe how much food she can pack in her. She probably eats double what Baby does, and is at least a pound or two smaller. That girl must have a very fast metabolism.

I used to have a rabbit that liked to camp in front of the a/c. Once they realize how nice it feels, it does stop being such a scary thing.

I thought about after getting her spayed, getting her a friend. I just don't know how she'll react to another bunny. She's so weird and I really wouldn't want it to go terribly!

Chickens really aren't that difficult. The easiest way to make more eggs is to get an incubator and hatch the eggs like that. If you don't want to hatch the eggs, just take them from the boxes and eat them! Thats what I do.

Ellie isn't big at all, she only weighs about 2 lbs. So she's pretty small. I'm not sure what the weight on nethies is, but its somewhere around that right? She's kind of long when she stretches out, but mostly shes a fat little ball! haha.

I HAVE to go get a new coffee maker today. My coffee tastes like crap and I can't even drink it. haha. I'm such a picky B! Hopefully when my husband gets home he'll want to get another one. LOL

I've been letting AJ in the kitchen more and he's been around Ellie more. They haven't fully met, other than the through the pen. He hasn't touched her yet, but she's getting used to him. She doesn't run from him anymore and she stays laying down when he runs in. The only time she has a problem is when he yells. But I think its going well.
Maybe if I don't get her a rabbit friend after she's spayed, her and AJ can just be best buddies. I just have to teach him to be more gentle with the animals. Ugh. Boys.

I think it must be an illusion in the pictures! My mini satin is exactly two pounds right now and he is only about a foot when stretched out, so she must be about the same. :)

I think it would be hilarious for her to have a male sidekick if she is accepting of it. Especially if he had another "human" name. Like Ellie and Amos or something. :D

Didn't you just get a new coffee maker? Does it suck? I hate picking things like that out. You think that you get a good one and then it ends up being crappy.

Edit: After you mentioning Ellie and the fan I thought I'd give it a shot with mine. I've given them marble tiles and ice bottles but never thought of a portable fan for some reason. They figured it out in about two minutes flat after being afraid of it when I started it. Here is Phoebe putting it to good use. I think she's a fan of the new addition. Aha. Ahahaha. I couldn't resist. :rofl: My rabbits thank you for the idea!

Last edited:
What a cute little bun that is Elizabeth! Is that one of your nethies? Its hard to tell, all I see is small ears and that could be a polish too!

No I didn't get a new coffee maker. I was talking about it and thought I had one picked out, well 2 picked out; but didn't get one because I couldn't decide. Last week I saw one that I liked at walmart and it said that it was $59 and I thought that was reasonable, but then when we looked at lowes.com it was $79 and I thought that was a bit too much. We looked on walmart.com and it was the same, $79 so I said screw it, I don't think I should have to pay that much for it! So I looked online at lowes and walmart (because thats whats near me) and I found one that I thought I like, but the reviews are SO intense! People are really serious about their coffee makers! They were like, it wasn't hot enough, it didn't pour right, the carafe was a weird shape, the water reservoir didn't show the amount of water properly and I couldn't see how much water I was putting in without a light on.
Like totally weird things, my hub and I were reading it and I got really discouraged and didn't want to get one! Because the way I see it, I'm buying something that I'm going to use every day as my life blood and it has to be a good one! I hate making purchases like this!
But my coffee maker is making crappy cups of coffee and they're not even enjoyable anymore. Its like drinking crappy restaurant coffee, only its everyday.

I think if I ever got Ellie a friend, I would probably get a Flemish giant or something large like that. My husband really likes Checkered Giants because he said it looks like they have a racing stripe. Or I would get a Tan, because I really like them and so does my husband. They're like "manly" rabbits! haha. I think it would be really funny to see a tiny rabbit with a giant rabbit, like Kaley's Shya and Kai. haha. Or maybe a French Lop. I really like lops, but I don't know if I could have another one without thinking about Foo too much. But I think a FLop would be okay!
Those are the rabbits I would get if I was going to get another one. LOL I've given it some thought. And yes, I would totally name him another person name! haha.

Tomorrow is AJ's birthday! He doesn't know whats going on, but I'm pretty excited. I don't know what we'll do tomorrow, probably nothing because the real party is on Sunday. But maybe I'll give him a special treat tomorrow. Maybe when I go to the store tonight, I'll get him a stuffed animal or something small.

I have to tell you guys about my husband and then I'm so done, this post is LONG! haha. So if I say anything to Ellie while he's around, he starts singing "Elvira." And its so funny! Or if he sees her and she's awake or begging for food, he'll starting singing it then too. He sings to her like every single day. Its so funny. I swear she knows thats her song! What a spoiled little fat ball! LOL

Have a good day everyone! Happy Tuesday!

Ugh coffeemakers that don't work. You can try to go on amazon and find a coffee maker. That's where I get most of the things I need. I'm sure they sell lots of coffee makers and the good thing is there are reviews for most of their products so you'll know what your buying.

Yeah tiny Ellie with a huge flemish giant would look pretty funny. I've seen pictures of Shya with Kai and it looks funny. And Kai isn't even a flemish giant so a flemish giant would be even bigger. I wonder if he would hide behind Ellie like Kai hides behind Shya.

Yay! tomorrow is AJ's birthday! I can't wait until he gets his tractor. :)

Haha, that's funny that your husband sings to Ellie. I wonder what she thinks of it.

Ellie used to be scared of him singing because he's loud. But now she's fine with him singing to her! haha.

Actually, Kai is a German Giant and they get bigger than Flemish. I just think Kai is a little smaller than the usual German giant.

I know, I can't wait for him to get his tractor either! When we go to my dads on Thursday for the cookout, he'll get to ride it. Then he'll actually get it on Sunday. But I'm pretty excited about it! LOL
Too bad I have a lot of stuff to do before the party. Ugh. I really hate getting ready for people to come over.

I just started watching How I Met Your Mother, I've never really watched it before and its hilarious! Neil Patrick Harris, is like a gift to the gay community, he's great!

Oh, I guess I thought that Kai was smaller than a flemish giant. I didn't know he was a german giant. I'd like to get a giant bunny.

I bet he'll love his tractor! Yeah, I hate getting ready for guests too. You have to clean stuff and get everything ready, its a pain in the butt.

I haven't ever seen How I Met Your Mother. The only show I've watched is Once Upon a Time.

How I met your mother is such a funny show. It's weird that bob saget is the guys older voice.... :/ he's already old in the show so :craziness
Happy birthday to AJ! I hate getting ready for people to come over too, it's such a dang headache. I told Leo about PUNKY, he said idk...sounds kinda funky. I was like...you just rhymed. Hahahah

Yeah, she's a Netherland. :) This is a better picture of her, in bunloaf position. Or maybe more like bunroll, since she's so petite.

Ugh, I HATE online pricing. I find something online and they have it in my local store, so I go to pick it up and it costs $20 more than it did on the site. :( I know they have to pay for freight and labor and stuff but it irritates the crap out of me.

Are we going to get to see pictures of AJ's birthday? Is he getting a nice big cake to smush in his face?

That's so cute that your husband sings to Ellie! Does she know her name? I'd like all of mine to learn theirs properly, but I'm pretty sure my mini satin is waaay too derp for that. :rollseyes

Ellie DOES know her name and she knows Elvira too. She will come when you call her and she knows when she's in trouble! haha. We both sing to her all the time, but my husband more than me. haha. He's so crazy. He likes to pretend like he doesn't like her but he really does. He goes in there and whispers sweet nothings to her and picks her up and talks to her some more. Then he puts her down and sings to her. haha. Its so funny! He thinks I don't hear it, but I totally do!

Yes you guys will see pictures of AJ's birthday party on Sunday. Today, we aren't doing anything special really. We just got him a little cake and a small toy. Then Sunday I'm making the regular cake and he'll get all the presents because its the big party.

Tomorrow we're going to a cookout at my dads house for his girlfriends sons 8th grade graduation. I was just informed that there are going to be like 25 people there. Good lord. I'm making the fruit trifle and some fresh salsa, but now I don't know if I'm going to be making enough! haha. I didn't know it was going to be such a big thing. I thought it was going to be a few people, not everyone we know! LOL

I got a new brand of coffee last night, I haven't even had yet as I had to drop something off with my mom. I'm about to have a cup and we're going to see if its the coffee or the maker or the creamer. The next step is to change the creamer and then the maker. But I'm pretty sure that I picked a new maker, I liked it. But now, I have to read reviews on it, then go look at it again, then read more reviews, then look at it again and then maybe...buy it. It was only $35, so thats not that bad.

OHMYGOD! Ellie just got out of the kitchen! I was sitting here writing about my coffee maker and I see something move out of the corner of my eye and theres a little black and white bunny walking into the living room! LOL how crazy. She pushed the pen out and escaped! hahahahaha. I'm glad I caught her, if she would have gotten into the rest of the house, oh my god, she would have destroyed it. LMAO.

Oh dang! Ellie is on the loose?! I'm locking my doors now! 25 people?! I bet they won't all come. That's what happens at our parties anyway.
I wish it was easier to pick up my animals. They are so difficult.

Hahaha. Katie, I said dang too when I saw her walking in! hahaha. Well actually I said "shee-it" because thats how I say the S word. haha. I make sure it has extra syllables. I also say **** like "day-um". LOL

She's contained again, so everyone can come down off their counters! She's destroying her pen now though, she spilled her water and it went through the pen and all down the floor. She's acting crazy. I think its because its overcast and not too hot outside, so its nice in the house and shes not asleep yet. haha.

AJ won't leave my blue corn tortilla chips alone!

The cookout is today and its raining! I don't know what my dad is going to do, but thankfully they live in a bigger house and have a nice new screened in porch. Hopefully it will clear up by the time everyone shows up at their house.
I made some salsa fresca last night with roma tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, fresh corn, onion and salt and pepper. OMG its SO good! And I'm about to go make the angel food cake for the trifle. But first...PICTURES!
These are from this morning. I was trying to get a picture of Ellie and AJ talking, but I couldn't. He ran away to go play. So I just took some pictures of her! While they're loading to my googledrive, I'll tell you guys about AJ and Ellie. He tries to poke her through the holes of the pen and she doesn't care! He talks to her all the time and says hey to her. She comes up to him and periscopes for him but won't let him reach over to touch her. I'm actually afraid that she'll nip him. But he puts his fingers through the holes and she sniffs him. She's been very tolerant of him! She isn't scared of him, which I think is great! Maybe one day they'll be besties!

2nhkx0y.jpg

dpu99j.jpg

And I wasn't getting her food fast enough!
2qaqy44.jpg

And this is where she spent the next 10 minutes until the food was gone.
mjvhqv.jpg

Look at those ears!
537mvk.jpg

Then she went into a food coma.
2qbc47p.jpg

And Smokey was flopped out too!
6gbew7.jpg

Its raining here too. At least it was. I hope the rain clears up where you guys are. Your salsa sounds really good and I bet the angel food cake will be great. Its good that Ellie tolerates AJ. Hopefully they'll be good friends when they get to know each other better.

I loved the new pictures of Ellie. She is so funny I love her huge ears and that little white mark on her nose. And I think its cool that she has a little white line on her forehead.

Latest posts

Back