Excellent Bunny Doc for South Bay, Los Angeles

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flemishwhite

Reaction score
Problem: A fat female bunny at 5 years of age that needed to be neutered. At 5 years of age, a female bunny has a 90+% chance of dying of uterine cancer if not neutered. Our then vet would not operate on Bunny because she was too fat. After a lot of internet interactions, I discovered a rabbit doctor, Dr. Kaufman at Harbor Animal Hospital in Torrance, California who would operate. He did a liposuction on Bunny!!! As part of neutering her, he liposuctioned off about a 1 pound of fat! Lucky she was neutered. When Dr. Kaufman first looked at her uteris, he momentarily thought she was pregnant...he then quickly realized the lumps in her uteris were tumors. So we got her neutered in the nick of time. The total cost of neutering her was about $400. A very reasonable price considering the sophistication of the entire operation.

Hello Flemishwhite - I understand that this post is about a year old now (little older in fact), but I wanted to reply nonetheless. My wife and I live in the South Bay (Torrance) and our youngster will need to be spayed fairly soon. I came to this part of the forum and was pleasantly surprised to find exactly what I was looking for.

So I wanted to say "thank you", and to ask if you have had any other experiences with this vet, or the office, and how your bun fared after the operation? Or if you have any other feedback or suggestions regarding local vets?

I assume this is the place, and the doctor you're referring to? http://harboranimalhospital.com/team/robert-kaufman/

We are not wealthy by any means, but we are crazy for our bun. I will pay a premium for our little Kimchi to be well taken care of during any surgical procedure or really any visit to the vet!

I wanted to follow up to update this thread.

I chatted with Flemishwhite, who originally posted this thread, and did take our rabbit there yesterday (July 20 2017).

I wanted to echo the great things that Flemishwhite said about Dr. Kaufmann and the staff at Harbor Animal Hospital in Torrance, California.

The office is clean and seemed well-run. My phone interactions were pleasant. The visit went well, Dr. Kaufmann is affable and seems very intelligent, and definitely knows rabbits! The nurses and techs were also friendly, friendly to one another, and great overall.

I especially liked the fact that they told me, when booking our first visit, that we needed to see Dr. Kaufmann in particular (they have 3 doctors (vets), I believe) because only Dr. K was certified in rabbits.

Anyway, I am another satisfied customer and patient of Dr. Kaufmann in Torrance, CA, and I highly recommend him and Harbor Animal Hospital.

Latest posts

Back