Mixed Breed Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if lucky is the rabbit in the picture.. he looks like a flemish cross. (the big ears kinda give that away).

His colour from what I can see looks to be chestnut... in flemish language I think that's called Sandy.

Yes, that is Lucky. He does seem to have pretty big ears. Flemish is a breed I keep going back to whenever I look up bunny breeds.

Ah, Sandy.... Ok, thanks! I'll look up flemish sandy and see if I find any look a likes. :D

Tort does not mean mixed breed. A single color does not qualify a rabbit to be a mixed breed. A color can indicate what breed that rabbit might be but not always. There are so many varieties now accepted for a wide range of breeds that color doesn't mean much anymore. For example chestnut agouti is pretty much recognized in over half of the recognized breeds, although in each breed it may be referred to a certain name genetics say the names are the same (ex: sandy, Gray, etc).

A rabbits characteristics are what make it seem mixed. It's difficult to tell anything about a rabbit with unknown lineage but there can be some big characteristics that can lead to possibilities for example Lucky looks like a huge rabbit and those Flemish ears are hard to miss by people who know Flemish.

At any rate I agree lucky is a Sandy Flemish giant or Flemish giant mix

3898571D-EECE-431C-B619-580AB37878B7.jpeg 08F23C6A-897C-4450-BEA1-B1C536CB1AE8.jpeg B34CD30E-E387-4EB4-A886-422708932D9F.jpeg DA4C34E4-41BA-4469-AD85-5339FB669D95.jpeg Hi everyone! I’m new! I have for bun-buns and I’m looking to find out the breed of the one! This is snowball. She’s a cutie pie. I have no idea what breed she is but I’m assuming she is mixed with a lop. She’s a 5 pound bunny that loves be held.

View attachment 41550 View attachment 41551 View attachment 41552 View attachment 41553 Hi everyone! I’m new! I have for bun-buns and I’m looking to find out the breed of the one! This is snowball. She’s a cutie pie. I have no idea what breed she is but I’m assuming she is mixed with a lop. She’s a 5 pound bunny that loves be held.
Hi, love the ears she's very cute! I can only say that she is a lop mixed with some other breed those aeroplan ears must be a result of lop/non-lop mixing, hopefully other members will tell you more.

Btw what age is she? If she's still very young her ears might drop later.

Hi, love the ears she's very cute! I can only say that she is a lop mixed with some other breed those aeroplan ears must be a result of lop/non-lop mixing, hopefully other members will tell you more.

Thank you! And I was thinking the same. She is about 3 years old!
My Bernie keeps one ear up sometimes, mostly when she's interested in something or upset, she's also mixed I think. Well I adopted her when she was 7 months and her previous family bought her from a petstore and they were told she was a mini lop I saw photo of her at 8 weeks she was really looking like a mini lop very fluffy and so small but then she grew up and also she was getting lots of fruit and pellets and was overweight when I've got her, she was like a regular holland lop rabbit size. I've reduced her pellets portion and fruit and she's getting more exercise so now she's in a good shape still eats plenty of hay and she's a bit smaller than a normal lop but bigger than mini lop definitely. So I think she was a mix between holland(?) lop and mini lop. She's very pretty she has a very thick healthy fur blue eyes with long lashes and she's a very good character. Bernie is her name she was one year old 3 weeks ago. She's still not fixed so I have to keep her separated from my other rabbits but her door is open quite a lot she likes her cage even when it's open.
This pic is from last night
P1050583.JPG
This one is a few months ago when she was a couple weeks with me and you can see she's a bit fat, she could hardly jump on the bench I gave her you see in her cage on the left side but little by little she exercised and now can jump on a much higher objects like 25 cm high no problem.

2-jpg.39981

bernie-4-jpg.40356

There's my other girl Smokey she's about 4 months in this photo now grew up a bit also a very pretty girl but totally different from Bernie and very different character.

p1030694-jpg.39989

I was told her parents were purebred holland lops they both were white with a plenty of black spots all over they were from same litter purchased as two sisters and had an accidental litter of four kits so one of sisters was actually brother. Interesting that only one of their babies was spotted like them but two were black and one my Smokey was a beautiful greyish blue she's a beauty. It's very hard to get a decent photo of her because she's very active always moving quickly

P1050606.JPG

P1050632.JPG

76388A1F-4F0D-4B30-AB00-12355CBADD2F.jpeg This is Hawkeye, I’m not sure what breed she is but I think a mix between a Dutch and American rabbits. She has the structure of an American breed rabbit but some of the markings of a Dutch breed rabbit . She has a mixture of Grey , White and Black fur. She’s a medium sized rabbit about 8lbs. I love her!! 18B2177F-DF6C-4742-B093-33FD29C9DAF5.jpegED020A82-3C2F-4C29-809E-DE8EBFD56CA2.jpeg 0ADC555E-172F-49CD-BD6C-847FC93BEAE8.jpeg

^ Love that big bun house! Lol.

All of my rabbits are/have been mixed breeds.

Bono was a mix of many, and it made for a beautiful coat imo. In the autumn it would really darken and have black markings. In the winter his fur would have frosted tips.
o9qCpF0.jpg

This is Radio Gaga, he's a lop mix.
Pv4duLJ.jpg

He's my biggest bun, around 15 pounds now.
My friend would call him "The Balerion of buns" lol. Here's a photo showing him next to the other bunnies for a size comparison.
fx7ZKSI.jpg

Then there's Daisy, as you can see her above. She's a lionhead mix. She has big hair, and pretty blue eyes.
aM4AiTS.jpg

j7UeMgZ.jpg

And my newest bun, Biebs. I have no idea what she's a mix of lol.
XaFc1H6.jpg

haFt1X2.jpg

^ Love that big bun house! Lol.

All of my rabbits are/have been mixed breeds.

Bono was a mix of many, and it made for a beautiful coat imo. In the autumn it would really darken and have black markings. In the winter his fur would have frosted tips.
o9qCpF0.jpg

This is Radio Gaga, he's a lop mix.
Pv4duLJ.jpg

He's my biggest bun, around 15 pounds now.
My friend would call him "The Balerion of buns" lol. Here's a photo showing him next to the other bunnies for a size comparison.
fx7ZKSI.jpg

Then there's Daisy, as you can see her above. She's a lionhead mix. She has big hair, and pretty blue eyes.
aM4AiTS.jpg

j7UeMgZ.jpg

And my newest bun, Biebs. I have no idea what she's a mix of lol.
XaFc1H6.jpg

haFt1X2.jpg
❤❤ OMG, I cannot take all this cuteness! Bono has such a lovely, unique coat, and so cute.

Biebs, as well-- looks mostly Netherland Dwarf, IMO but soooo darn cute. Of course, Daisy is such a cutie. They all are❤

❤❤ OMG, I cannot take all this cuteness! Bono has such a lovely, unique coat, and so cute.

Biebs, as well-- looks mostly Netherland Dwarf, IMO but soooo darn cute. Of course, Daisy is such a cutie. They all are❤
I don't think she'll be a dwarf of any kind lol, the guy said she'll be a big bun around 15 pounds. She's four months now and already quite large!

Also, as I'm typing this she's licking my feet lol.

Latest posts

Back