Money

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnylover78642

Reaction score
Does anyone have a idea of how to make moremoney? We are having problems and I have already posted up flyerssaying I would animal watch! And my sister does babysitting... I justcan't find anyway to make money! I need some money for some books Iwant to buy about rabbit health. Also I would like to have it justincase something comes up,! We are supposed to go to Disney World thissummer but my mom is having a hard time paying for it and with taxesshe is really stressed out! Any ideas would be great!

Well, I am sooo jealous - Disney World!! Lucky you!

I have a TON of ideas on how to make $$. Obvioulsy you loveanimals and you did mention you tried pet-sitting. How aboutposting your flyers in a 'ritzy' part of town? Try comingfrom a 'pampered pet' point of view. Check out this site :http://www.pamperedpetsuk.co.uk/

Try to appeal to people that HAVE money. People that canafford to pay you to hang out with their beloved pets. Youmight have to get lessons from the owners to learn how to pamper theirpets. I have a friend that sits pets and she even hangs outwith a potbelly pig that has to have sunscreen put on himeveryday. She makes decent money and all of her clients arewealthy and can afford to pay her.

A car wash is good! How old are you? (Hope youdon't mind me asking) Can you do yard work? Can you help theelderly dust or clean their houses? I am kinda nervous aboutall of these suggestions because I don't know how old youare. I don't want you to get into a bad situation!:) Let us know details ;)

Smooches, Kricket

Thanks for the ideas!! I will try a car wash butthe probelm is I live way out in the counrty. About 1/2 hr. fromclosest city and about a 1hr. away from the populated city. I amthirteen yrs. old. I would love to go to disney world but it seems tobe stressing my mom out even more than usuall. It really bothers me andI think (I know she did this to be nice) that she just hadn't signed upfor it. I have one family that pays me $10 a day to feed their dogs inthe morning and at night put them in their pen and feed them... So farI have only done 3 jobs for them, but they need me about every 3 dayweekend, holiday, or summer break... I go to my dad's during the summerand some holidays so it really gets in the way! I have thought abouttelling my dad I need to get a job or something (either while I am downthere or not go down there) but it is really easy to hurt his feelingand I hate to dissapoint him.

Hey, do you have any horse owners in yourarea? You could brush, groom,feed, and exercisethem for a fee. I'm sure if you ask around at the feed storeor neighbors, there are some people whocould use the extrahand especially during the Springwhen everyone is doing otheroutside projects. I've seenyoungpersonsdo this and save up for a car.

Thanks for the horse idea... There are plenty ofhorses around and I bet I could find someone that would let me help inthe barns. I am very shy though sp I mostly make my mom do the callingand asking. I will see if that idea works.

I did babysitting and the horse thing when I wasyounger. I sat for kids in my neighborhood. Mostpeople liked that I was strict with the kids, so they didn't have anywild children running around when they got home. And in theend, while we might have had some tough days, I always got hugs when Iwent home and tears all around when I went to college. I'mstill in contact with a couple of those families today.

For me, the horse thing was just kinda there. I had a horseand had taken lessons for years. This ridiculously rich guystarted boarding his 3 horses there, but he didn't have time to takecare of them. I noticed that they never got groomed orridden, only put in the pasture, so I just offered. I toldhim how much he could save on board if I cleaned his stalls and howmuch better it would be for the horses to be groomed and ridden, sowhen he did want to ride, they wouldn't be so high strung. Heended up paying me tons more then I thought he would and I really lovedthe work. I also was able to take some lessons from the womanwho had been my instructor when she was overwhelmed. I did itfor 1 year and saved money for college. The next year heasked me to do it again, but I decided that I wanted to devote my timeto my horse because I knew I would have to sell her when I went away tocollege.

Jen

Thats cool, there are a couple of stables aroundhere, some really big... My only problem is finding a number andgetting up the courage to talk to these people and ask for a job aroundthere when I don't really know any of them. If I tell my mom she mayhelp me with that problem though.

Latest posts

Back