my new additions to my family of bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juju

Reaction score
undefined

12527_181121_560000000.jpg

ice my 5 month bew mini lop buck
12527_181129_240000000.jpg

nero my 1yr old blue otter netherland dwarf
12527_181121_580000001.jpg

sparkle my 5 month old blue fox netherland dwarf doe. hope you all like them:pray:

Cute of course :) but are you looking for us to tell you anything specific, like how good they are in their breed or something?

They are good, are you planing on breeding or showing them? because those dwarfs have big ears!

T.A Bunnies wrote:
They are good, are you planing on breeding or showing them? because those dwarfs have big ears!
I thought I had heard or read somewhere that in the UK and surrounding areas that NDs tend to be bred for longer ears... :?But I could be mistaken. Cute though!

CoolWaterRabbitry wrote:
T.A Bunnies wrote:
I thought I had heard or read somewhere that in the UK and surrounding areas that NDs tend to be bred for longer ears... :?But I could be mistaken. Cute though!

You are pretty much correct. In UK they are bred to meet the 2-inch ear length standard exactly, unlike here in the US where we like to surpass it by at least an inch, haha.

But yes I am wondering as well, Julie, are you planning to breed these two buns?

i will be breeding the netherland dwarfs eventually. i am hoping to get a smoke pearl from them. ice the bew mini lop will be getting a friend in the next couple of weeks but wont be bred untill the summer. ice is actually british rabbit council rung. he was my show rabbit and won several prizes :biggrin2:

juju wrote:
i will be breeding the netherland dwarfs eventually. i am hoping to get a smoke pearl from them.

Do both of those rabbits have pedigrees? How do you expect to get a smoke pearl from them?

CoolWaterRabbitry wrote:
T.A Bunnies wrote:
I don't think long ears are a desirable trait in nethies here. I think the 2 inch max standard applies:)

Latest posts

Back