Mini lop!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarperBun

Reaction score
I think tomorrow I am getting a mini lop! I just love those floppy years! I have a dutch who is like velvet. Are mini lops soft?

I think all rabbits are soft. The rex rabbits have the softest fur. I wonder if your dutch has some rex in her background??
Are you hoping to bond your rabbits?
If so, do you have background about the bonding process, neutering, genders, etc? Do you need any pointers or suggestions regarding bonding?

I think mini lops are really fluffy soft, not velvety soft like the mini rex. The few mini lops I held and pet were very fluffy. The large french lop mix we used to have had rather course fur during the winter months. when she shed her coat in the spring it was much softer.

We did not get to get him because everyone in the house is sick :(

I'm not sure if she has some mini Rex in her. It's very possible I suppose! I've never bonded buns so I'd love your input! All I know is separate cages.

I have two full on pedigreed rabbits of the same breed and well, one's fur is just softer. So maybe sometimes its just a unique trait of that particular bunny is all.

I've never bonded buns so I'd love your input! All I know is separate cages.

Bonding rabbits has the potential to be quite a process. It is usually advised to let your current bunny choose which bunny to get. This increases your chances of having a successful bond.

Sometimes 2 bunnies refuse to bond. (I have seen this myself on more than one occasion. It is not pretty and is very stressful.) So it's a good idea to learn all about bonding before attempting to bring a 2nd rabbit home.

Your current bun needs to be fixed first. (do you have male or female?)
Then you will want to be sure that the potential bunny is also fixed. Typically rescues allow bunny "dates" to see if two bunnies show potential to become bondmates. This is the best way to find a bondmate because if one rabbit simply won't bond with yours, then they will allow an exchange to ensure you wind up with bonded bunnies. Otherwise, you may just end up with two bunnies that refuse to bond and have to be housed separately permanently.

Here is an article that goes into more detail about bonding.
http://cottontails-rescue.org.uk/information/bonding-bunnies/

I had two bunnies one time, a mini-lop and a netherland dwarf. they lived in the same hutch (a very large hutch) and were good friends for about a year or so. One day without warning, the female mini-iop turned on the netherland dwarf and just about killed her. from that day forth we got a second hutch and the two were never with each other again. after that, I vowed never to have more than one bunny at a time

Thank you Blue Eyes! I have an 8month old dutch bunny who is fixed!

Latest posts

Back