My bunny is weird

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamie714

Reaction score
Is my bunny the only one in the world that comes running to me if something scares him?
It has been thundering all day and he will not leave my side. It's cute, but I've never seen anything about bunnies coming to their owners when they get scared.
He also comes to me if he's upset. At the vet a few days ago after they finished his toe scraping(he had mange), he broke away from the assistant and leapt into my arms.
When he was part time outside, something scared him out there and when I came outside to make sure he was ok(he was squeaking) he tried to crawl up my leg so I would hold him.
Just about any time something scares him he wants me to hold him and pet him.
Anyone else have one like this?

I had a rabbit years ago who, when my ex was introducing her to a baby bunny, she lept into my arms like she was saying "protect me from this weird little creature!!!!"

Trix always makes certain to get under my hand any time I go visit her.

To me, your rabbit seems like he has bonded to you.

That's cute!
Sometimes I think someone took the brains of a toddler, dog, and cat, squished them together and stuck them in my little guy.
He does seem bonded with me and my husband. He will go out of his way just to be close to us and if we go out he will pout when we get home.

It seems he has a lot of trust in you! :) he also sounds like a very sociable bunny who loves company. I'm sure he would enjoy having a bunny friend if you ever consider the possibility.

We thought about getting another, but right now just isn't the time. I'm 7 months pregnant, so my hands will be full for a bit, plus he isn't neutered yet. We live in Saudi Arabia and the vet care just isn't that great. I found one I'm ok with for emergencies, but not quite ready to trust him for neutering.. Plus in a year we will be moving back to the US and I think it would already be complex juggling a baby and a bunny on the plane.

That's really good, he obviously has trust in you! The only time Sophie tried to be closer to me for comfort is when she gets scared at the vet. Otherwise, she just throws herself in her wicker basket with her eyes popping out and doesn't want to be touched! Lol

The only one of our rabbits that jumps in our arms is Pepsi. He does run away when he is startled, but if he is out on his leash either at the park or the pet store and gets scared, he will jump in our arms too. And yes, he likes to be near us, but not quite like your lil guy.

My bun just sits straight up and looks at me wide eyed haha

Lol, that sounds just like my bunny. Rabbits are pretty shy and can scare easily. The other night, a mouse got in the house and my bunny jumped into my arms like a bolt of lightning. He was shaking and whining like he had seen a ghost and wouldn't let me put him down until he was good and soothed.

from what i noticed, its just the uniqueness and personality in each bun ....

some may be similar but everyone one of them are different ... w/ their characteristic nature =0)

Latest posts

Back