Litterbox and bedding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babbs

Reaction score
I am currently trying to littertrain my 8 wk oldboys. I know this take time and patience and may not happeansuccessfully until they are altered. I do not have Woody Pet availablearound me so I have opted to use Feline Pine. They are not littertrained in the least. My question is what can I put in the bottom ofthe cage that I can easily clean and pick out thier poos to put it inthe litterbox. I currently have the Carefresh in the bottom of thecage. Also they have already picked two corners of the cage they lke towee in, how can I help encourage them to wee in the box instead. I justwant to make sure I am taking the right steps in training them to usethe litterbox.

Have you tried moving the box to the corner wherethey are going? Also, it helps to put some of the urine and poos intothe box as well. My rabbits like to eat while "doing their business",so I have the food bowl and some hay right by their box, you might liketo try that with them also.

Good luck! Don't worry, it'll happen soon enough. When we got Abbyaround 8 weeks of age, it tookher a bit to get boxed trained,maybe a couple of weeks. All of a sudden she was using the box, so havepatience. :)

Thanks Stephanie. I have been moving poos intothe box. And can you believe silly me has read a thousand times thatmoving the box to thier "spot" helps but I forgot all about that. I amgoing to go do that now.

Do you think the carefresh on the bottom of the cage is okay oris it confussing them?

I totally understand it is going to take time but I just want to makesure I am doing the right things to help move them in that direction. ;)

It couldvery well be confusing them a bit ,try to have it only inthe litter box , it may help. *food for thought * if it isnt thereto dig and pottyon they will go search it out ,with luck !

I agree with Gypsy. Litter trainingrabbita is like potty training kids - if they can see and feel whenthey have had an "accident" then they will try to use the toliet nexttime. Rabbits are pretty clean by nauture and don't like towalk around in their own waste.

Latest posts

Back