Fake Pregnancy..How long?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelsbun

Reaction score
My little girl is back making her nest again....Ican barely stand watching. She works so hard dragging everything intoher bedroom and ripping out her hair...the cage is vibrating!!!

So..I need to know....How long does this false feeling go on....is it acycle thing like women have.....every 28 days....or a springthing.?????? And I really don't want to have her spayed...

Was also wondering what you thought about this.......A friend has aneutered male and was considering some casual sex to make her feelbetter????? LOL

PS to HB104......I finally got the lease joke....my friend had to explain it to me!!!

Buns don't have cycles or periods like othermammals. They are ovulate when stimulated by the act ofmating. This is why they can become pregnant any time theymate. The neutered male would have no interest in you doe ashe has no hormones. Your doe would probably get morefrustrated. False-pregnancys are a fact of life for some unmated and unneutered does. If you don't want to get her fixedit is something you will have to live with. Pleasebe aware though, that a female who is not fixed and who will not bebred has a much higher risk rate for cancer and female problems, fixeddoes live longer and healthier lives. I breed and showrabbits and advise all those who buy my rabbits to have them fixed ifthey are not going to show them, breed them or use them for4-H. It is just gives them a better life, male orfemale. Donna

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaah! Since I thought it was apurty good joke at the time, sort of a mood changer :phopeyou know there was no sarcasm towards you since I had wrote that I dotypo's ALL the time

Take care of your little girl, and I do hope with everyone else herethat you carefully consider getting her neutered....:) it really is for the best interest of her health andhappiness xo

Cher, Jade and Jezebel

Latest posts

Back