Marking Areas

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warminwisco

Reaction score
I have two MR bunnies and they are over a year now. They will mark the territory in 3 corners of my house so I put waterproof bedpads there not to ruin the carpet. They no longer pee anywhere else so I am accepting of this. Is this relatively common? My last single bun was totally letter trained but now we are talking 2 buns. Thanks

Are they still intact? Even if not, sometimes you may need to put litterpans in more than one area. Soaking the carpet in vinegar will draw any odor out. Add a little soiled litter or poops to the boxes so they recognize their own scent and hopefully get the hint. Also, since your boxes will be in corners, cut some cardboard and wrap it around the back of the box in the corner, just in case somebody hangs their butt a little too far over the edge. My Barry does this sometimes.

Sometimes a bunny will choose where they want to do their business, and all you can really do is place a litter box there for their convenience. :p

I have a couple of plastic 20 dollar 2 inch sided appliance pans from Home Depot the bed pads go on so it is real easy cleanup to wash the pads or toss disposables. They will pee on the pad even though there is a litterbox next to them, they use once in a while also. I could just clobber em, I won't, they pee on the pad right next to the litter box.

There they go peed now tearing all over the house these two. I wuv em!

This is exactly what Bun Jovi does. She never liked the wood stove pellets that we used for litter. When we set up her room, we put the litterbox in the corner and she went right beside it. So we have a couple of cheap, sturdy throw sized blankets (wash and swap) that we fold quartered and place a pee pad underneath them. Jovi prefers to use this (which is right next to the litterbox). So I got this bright idea one day to fold a towel in her litterbox and I placed TP tubes stuffed with hay in them in the box. Slowly she's getting used to this and is enjoying the tubes of hay. She's still going on the blanket, but sometimes in the box. We're still working on trying to get her to use the box exclusively, but it may be a losing battle. She prefers soft blankies on her bum.

Vanish huh thanks. Ya these lil SOB's ha ha sit there looking at me right by the litter box peeing on the corner of my bed pad same spot almost every day even if it is just a squirt. Almost defiant almost sweet like "I have to do this" Go figure.

Back