Silver, the spunky Netherland Dwarf

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor Silver looks pooped! I'm sure he'll perk up soon though. Felix was back to his old self in just a few days after his neutering. :)

Silver is out of surgery and in the car driving back home with me! Everything went really well. I would 100% recommend the Fox Valley Animal Welfare League if you are near North Aurora in Illinois. It was a bit of a drive for me, but well worth it.

They gave him pain meds and everything. The people there were soooo nice and everything. And you can't beat the records they have.
You should post in the IL Rabbit Savvy Vets thread!

I just have to say, Silver is soooooo adorableeee. I want to kiss his little nose, hehe.
I'm glad his neuter went well. The vet you went to sounds amazing. :)

Thanks you everybody! Yes I posted it in the Illinois Rabbit Savvy Vets. I would like to inform everyone that Silv is back to his normal self! I have him his last dose of pain meds today and got quite a few usual grunts and growls as he ran to shove his face in the food scoop.

Ahhhh never felt better to have him growl at me!

Woohoo! I'm glad to hear he's recovering smoothly. Silver sure is a little trooper.

Looks like my cute little Netherland mox. Color wise.

You'll have to post a pic sometime!!

Hehehehe Silv got a bit of oaybak for being mean today. I was putting his food into his cage, him going crazy yet chasing my hand everywhere grunting, growling, and lunging. He jumped on top if his little cardboard box, and as I put the food down and he lunes for me hand, he got cold feet. Literally!! He landed right in his water bowl quickly jumping out though.

Other than that, he doing fine. It seems he may be very territorial right now, but I'm guessing that will calm down in a few weeks. I think his litter skills are getting better already. I only found 2 little poos outside of the box yesterday!

Haha Felix was once running crazy around my feet when I was carrying his water dish back, bumped me and the water went all over him! I freaked out trying to towel him off but he was fine. :D

What a good little guy! Felix and Clem are still mad poopers out of their box, but there's still TONS in there, so I can't be that mad.

It's so good to hear that Silver has recovered well, I'm hoping that his hormones will die down for you soon so that you don't have to put up with him being grumpy!

It amazes me that ever since I moved house and gave Bandit his new set up, I almost never find a poop outside the box (one every couple of days), and never outside the cage. He's a champ.

Hahaha yeah he still is a good bit grumpy, mostly just when giving him his much loved food. But I can relate to that a little I guess, lol.

I took a few pics while doing some homework.
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412299887.632421.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412299919.447672.jpg

Lol he sure is. He isn't afraid of anything either! My brother was coming home and was opening the door to the garage so Silver ran over to the side of my bed and did his guard-bunny. Pushing forward on all four legs, getting in front of me to protects me. Hehehe growling up a storm.

Other wise, he's doing well. I finally let him out of his cage and down stairs since the neuter. He was just running around for a few min each day in my room. Sadly, he was only out for around an hour before I had to go places.

Lol he sure is. He isn't afraid of anything either! My brother was coming home and was opening the door to the garage so Silver ran over to the side of my bed and did his guard-bunny. Pushing forward on all four legs, getting in front of me to protects me. Hehehe growling up a storm.

Other wise, he's doing well. I finally let him out of his cage and down stairs since the neuter. He was just running around for a few min each day in my room. Sadly, he was only out for around an hour before I had to go places.

Does Silver play kill the doo rag? I think he would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that game.

Hahaha! I think we actually have played a version of some sort! Sometimes I will taunt him with a small towel and he will violently try to attack it. Yesterday I did the same with a thick string. We played a quick few games of tug of war before he got tired out.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1413163021.725024.jpg
ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1413163046.975587.jpg

He looks like a doo rag killer!!!!!

Trix has the biggest smile on her little face after playing kill the doo rag!!!! It's funniest when she grabs it, smooths it, snuggles it, then starts boxing it again. I flip up the doo rage after she gets on top of it. She "lets" me get it away from her just so she can attack it.

What a little face he has!!!!!

He hasn't changed, he is still adorable. I love seeing them get mad at something and throw it about, they are so concentrating on what they're doing, I love the look on their face.

Silver welcomed me home from the weekend with a great bundle of growls and a hard chomp on the middle of my thumb as I was giving him a sprinkle of extra pellets. I swear I think the only thing that keeps this bunny from feasting on my carcass at times is the fact that he can't get into the pellet container without my help. *glares to right*

Urgh I really hope he will start to calm down a bit soon. I try everything. Pushing down his head, trying not to invade his space. But when Silv has his moments, it seems like nothing can stop him. Well, he's cute.

Latest posts

Back