Re-unite?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JavaMomma

Reaction score
A year ago I found an Agouti female rabbit thathad been hopping around an apartment complex for a week or so...she wasdehydrated and very sick...I brought her home and she made a fullrecovery and is a very loving bunny. She escaped once andhopped into my male Netherland Dwarf's cage...she had seven babies andI was able to find them all homes....Now, an owner of one of the babiesis not wanting her anymore because they can't give it the attention itneeds. I do not want to see this bunny go to the humane society whereit will never be adopted...so I want to take it in....Do you thinkmother and baby would get along after all this time? Themother is in a gigantic living space and I would want to house themtogether...would the mother be dominant over her "home"?...would theyget along?...is this a giant no-no?...I just don't want to see anotherpoor bunny go to the Humane Society...is it worth trying?...they areboth females, different ages....neither seem aggressive and both lovepeople...not that this says anything about how they will respond to oneanother...i just don't know how to attempt bonding them or if it'shopeless...thank you for ur help!!

Hello and Welcome.

There is a really good link to bonding rabbits. Some of thepeople on the forum have had a lot of luck bonding their rabbits. Ithink the main thing is they both are going to need to be spayed. Iwant to commend you on taking her back in I think that is so Awesome ofyou.

http://www.mybunnies.com/bonding.htm

I hope it works for you. Please keep us posted.

Tina

Thanks so much!! Wish me luck...Hasanyone ever bonded two females, I've always read its better to do amale/female bond? But you can't always believe what youread...lol

Male to female usually has a highersuccess rate followed by female to female and the hardestbeing male to male. It will be a bit more difficult but I think it canbe done if done with love and patience. Best of Luck. Any chance youhave a picture of your babies. We love bunny pictureshere.

Tina

Latest posts

Back