Homemade Goodie Bags!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
I needed something that would occupy the mind of my young Netherland Dwarf, Felix, when in his cage. You know, something that would work that mind of his while providing fun and delicious foods. I got to work using my own brain (hehe) and came up with this completely bunny safe goodie bag that you can make with things around the home.

[line]
- Step 1
  • Get a small paper bag (the kind used to pack lunches).
e67fddb4.jpg

- Step 2
  • Cut the bag like so...
6939aed8.jpg

- Step 3
  • Open the bag, Stand it up, Fill with Hay.
8be98bc3.jpg

- Step 4
  • Fill with goodies! It can be veggies and a bit of fruit, or I like to use Timothy Hay Cubes and Dried Cranberries
0e533d14.jpg
d758ab1b.jpg

Almost done! :bunnydance:

d980485e.jpg

- Step 5
  • Tie the ends that stick up together (be gentle and go slow). This gives them more of a challenge
d12696af.jpg

- Final Step
  • Give to your rabbit(s) and enjoy!
[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/fG1d6Eu48hM[/flash]

Only downside is the complete mess it makes! :D
Shredded bag and hay all around the cage.
Oh well, they enjoyed it and that's all that matters.

You have some of the coolest ideas to keep them entertained! Will be trying this weekend! Thanks. Cute video.

i think my bunny would get more of a kick out of chewng the bag then the stuff inside it. he's never liked hay, will only eat it mid day cause i give him pellets in the morning and night and a little hay to stop him from tearing everything else apart...

Awww! They look like they're enjoying it very much!!

I do a similar thing for my bunny... she usually ends up half in the paper bag with her bum sticking out the end!!!

30267_532060287416_265500030_203138.jpg

This was a fun idea! Here's how mine turned out. The tying part is the hardest. I suppose I could have filled the bag more too. :expressionless

DSC_1476.jpg

Here's Toby discovering hay in the bag. But he just effortlessly plucks from the opening, not bothering with the baggie part of it. :p
DSC_1480.jpg

Toby: "whaddya mean i'm doing it wrong?"

DSC_1483.jpg

Helen, I love the pictures of Toby and his homemade goodie bag! :D

My guys don't care too much about the hay part either. That's why I add something extra delicious like dried cranberries, some bits of fruit or even chopped up veggies. Of course if you use anything fresh you will need to make sure they consume it before it has a chance to spoil. My guys really went crazy over the bag in the video because they could smell the cranberries inside, hehe. Felix likes the bag more than anything.

Latest posts

Back