What are my bunnies breed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulo

Reaction score
I have one beatiful doe and one amazing buck, thedoe is white and we got her first, we still havent came upwith a name yet and the buck we got him this monday and he is just soocool and cute, his color is light brown and black nose, andearsand we named him Neo (not sure on name), and I was tryingto find out what breed they were. I bought their litter box yesterdayand the white doe uses it all the time butNeo seems to havesome difficulties but besides that they are in the same cage, theynever fought and at night when they are sleeping they both cuttled upon each other which is soo cute, heres some pictures that might helpyou find out what breed they are ~THANKS

Neo1

neo1.jpg

Neo2

neo2.jpg

Neo3

neo3.jpg

Mia 1

mia1.jpg

Mia 2

mia2.jpg

Mia 3

mia3.jpg

I am not great at determining rabbit breeds butPamnock is as well as some other members of the forum. I just wanted tosay what adorable bunnies, congratualtions on your new family!

You mentioned they are housed together. Are they spayed and neutered?If not you will have baby bunnies on your hands real soon and they canbe quite difficult to find good homes for.

Fergi's mom

Hello! I am not sure of the breed, but Pam andsome other more experienced members would know that! How old are they?If they are buck and doe you are going to have to get them fixed,unless you are wanting little babies constantly :D Also take a look atthe rabbit care sheet, which is at the top of the forum, it has reallyhelped a lot of people out, including me.

~Amy+Nimue+The-Babies~

Ha, Fergi's mom, I was writing my post the same time as you were, and wow we have an almost duplicate post.

Yeah i have tons of friends that wants littlebunnies but no they are not neuterd or fixed or spayed, just wonderingbein neuterd, fixed or spayed is the all the same right? and Thanksyour bunny is lovely as well, and i was wondering, sence I just gotthem, how long would it take for them to have babies ?

Paulo wrote:
Yeahi have tons of friends that wants little bunnies but no they are notneuterd or fixed or spayed, just wondering bein neuterd, fixed orspayed is the all the same right? and Thanks your bunny is lovely aswell, and i was wondering, sence I just got them, how long would ittake for them to have babies ?
A boy is neutered a girl is spayed. ;)

Welcome to the forum! They're adorable! :D

Jenn

How old are they? If you don't want to injureyour doe with the risk of pregnancy at an early age I would keep themseperated until they are both sexually mature, usually anywhere from 6months to 8 months depending on the breed. Having a litter to earlywould most likely be detrimental to moms health as well as the factthat she may kill the babies or not care for them once they are born.

Raising a litter of kits is a big commitment and should be well thoughtout and planned. If they are not the same breed then it is not a goodidea to breed because there are a lot of mixedrabbits thatend up in shelter each day, as aresult of a back yardbreeding. If you friends want rabbits they should look into adoptingrather than introducing even more rabbits into the world. I find it isbest to leave breeding to the pros.

Fergi's mom

Ya I agree with Fergi's Mom, if they buck getsthe doe pregnant to early there could be some medical problems, and thestress would be TERRIBLE on such a young bunny. Plus getting them fixed(spayed/neutered) would help if the boy starts spraying. It also helpswith aggression towards each other, but that time will come when theyget to be like 4-6 months.

~Amy+Nimue+The-Babies~

Fergi wrote:
Howold are they? If you don't want to injure your doe with the risk ofpregnancy at an early age I would keep them seperated until they areboth sexually mature, usually anywhere from 6 months to 8 monthsdepending on the breed. Having a litter to early would most likely bedetrimental to moms health as well as the fact that she may kill thebabies ornot care for them once they are born.

Raising a litter of kits is a big commitment and should be well thoughtout and planned. If they are not the same breed then it is not a goodidea to breed because there are a lot of mixedrabbits thatend up in shelter each day, as aresult of a back yardbreeding. If you friends want rabbits they should look into adoptingrather than introducing even more rabbits into the world. I find it isbest to leave breeding to the pros.

Fergi's mom

Fergi, so what should I do so that the mom wont kill and love her babies?

There is really nothing you can do. Unless a doehas already been proven you run the risk of a bad situation on yourhands. Just read some past posts, we have a few members right now thatare dealing with kits thats moms wouldn't care for them.

As I said before, making sure that they are not together until she is old enough to breed is a step in the right direction.

Fergi's mom

I agree that they look like crosses, very likelyhaving lop and/or dwarf in the backgound. The color of themale is "sable point". The color of the doe is refered to asdifferent names depending on breed: pointed white, californian,himalayan.

I agree that breeding should be avoided just for the sake of havingbabies. Kindling problems are not uncommon with does and ac-section can cost $200 or more (been there a couple oftimes). In some cases, the mother may eat theyoung. It can be very disturbing to find remnants, such ashalf of a bunnies head, so you want to be certain to be well prepared,well educated and have a good stash of emergency money setasidebefore embarking on breeding animals.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
Iagree that they look like crosses, very likely having lop and/or dwarfin the backgound. The color of the male is "sablepoint". The color of the doe is refered to as different namesdepending on breed: pointed white, californian, himalayan.

I agree that breeding should be avoided just for the sake of havingbabies. Kindling problems are not uncommon with does and ac-section can cost $200 or more (been there a couple oftimes). In some cases, the mother may eat theyoung. It can be very disturbing to find remnants, such ashalf of a bunnies head, so you want to be certain to be well prepared,well educated and have a good stash of emergency money setasidebefore embarking on breeding animals.

Pam
Thanks a bumch, all of you I will think of something and make sure theydont get together until they are about1 year old atleast

DaisyNBuster wrote:
Oh my gosh what adorable little angels. Ijustgotta have Murphy! They are bothequally as gorgeous, butMurphy has really stolen my heart.

Welcome to the board. Don't be a stranger, I want more of those beauties!!!!

Vickie
I agree they are just cute and small, Murphy's colouring is great.

Thanks for the compliments, if murphy could readhe would be crying with joy right now. Only problem Im havingis murphys and the does nail, murphy is the youngest but has thesharpest nail and the little girl's are just big, I triedto cuttingthem on murphy but my mother accidently made him bleed, which i was sooscared, but now the bleeding has stoped and i think hes cool with it.

And more thing lol, Isit normal for them to urine red, darkred ororange or inthe pic, isitblood????? omg if its blood, what should I do????

Heres a pic of their little place --- theredish spotlooks alittle darker on image do

urine.jpg

Red/orange urine is normal withrabbits. Some, like my Basil, have colored urine all the timeand others never do. I think it's supposed to have somethingto do with diet, but all of mine eat the same thing all the time andonly Basil seems to have colored urine.

Jen

Latest posts

Back