Phonebooks- Healthy?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ariusshadow

Reaction score
I've seen several places on the net that mention phonebooks as good toys for buns... But I've been told with rats, that the ink isn't good for them. So I'm confused... And tentative. =\ I have a few old ones I'd give them- but is the excessive ink going to cause a problem? And the covers are glossy... And I'm unsure about that, too. Anyone actually use phonebooks? I don't mind the cleanup- so long as it really is safe.

Most (if not all) newspapers & phone books are made with non-toxic ink, so they are safe to give to buns & rats :). I just tear off the front & back cover, as well as any pages that are glossy.

See, I was always told to never let my animals near newspaper or anything because of the ink... o.o I never knew they made it with non toxic ink. Thanks for the input.

Nope...its perfectly safe! Tons of shelters & rescues use shredded newspaper for bedding because its free. I'd never shred up bills or other documents to give to them because I'm unsure about if that ink is non-toxic, but newspapers & phone books are fine :).

Latest posts

Back