Mocha's First Ballgame

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarsweety

Reaction score
My daughter's had a ballgame last night, and to mysurprise my husband showed up with Mocha all geared up in her harness.We had so much fun and I was surprised at how she interacted with allthe kids there. She didn't she a bit nervous at all. Actually, she fitright in. Of course eveyone there had a fit and couldn't believe we hada bunny trained to "HOP" on a leash. It was the greatest thing.Needless to say, I was a VERY proudmomma!

I also picked up "BEET" tops at the grocery store last night. I wastold that they were like "CHOCOLATE" to a bunny, and she loves them. Ofcourse I didn't give her a lot, but are things like that healthy forher?

That was agreat story and I know the bun had asgood of time as the kids. You might not know it but when you take a bunout like that and show people what a rabbit can really be as far asbeing a pet and companion you have helped out all us other rabbitpeople whether breeders or rescuers. Piblic elations are the best wayof helping rabbits find a place in society as loving pets

Thank you for the comments Bunty! It saddens me tosee all of the bunnies in Rescue. Mocha certainly sparked alotof interest. I don't think most people realize how socialand wonderful they truly are. Of course it took a lot of love and hardwork, but it has paid off. I have been around bunnies in the past, butnone has been as lovable as my little Mocha. Of course these bunnieswere always locked up in cages and you could tell they had beenneglected. It's so sad to see them that way, I would take them all homeif I could!

That is why what you do is so valuable and ifasked tell them to read on the HRS site and find a local rescue orshelter. We find that fostering our buns out gives them time in afamily situation and taking them places because they find homes so muchfaster if adjusted to meeting people in new situations

guitarsweetywrote:
My daughter's had a ballgame lastnight, and to my surprise my husband showed up with Mocha all geared upin her harness. We had so much fun and I was surprised at how sheinteracted with all the kids there. She didn't she a bit nervous atall. Actually, she fit right in. Of course eveyone there had a fit andcouldn't believe we had a bunny trained to "HOP" on a leash. It was thegreatest thing. Needless to say, I was a VERY proudmomma!

I also picked up "BEET" tops at the grocery store last night. I wastold that they were like "CHOCOLATE" to a bunny, and she loves them. Ofcourse I didn't give her a lot, but are things like that healthy forher?
Oh, this is too, TOO !!!I'm sure that little Mochasimply loved being the center ofattention!!! :)

On another note ... Now guitarsweety, I don't need any moresuggestions for treats for my sweet Sherman ...;)...

Oh, mercy! I feel my "treataholic" tendenciesrising!!!.... trying to have control ... :shock:nope!can't do it! ... :(...To the grocerystore I go to get some beet tops!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back