How to Make Jumps?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniLopMad

Reaction score
Hi everyone :)

My brother wants to get into rabbit hopping and he's been training his rabbit Summer for it. He gets her to jump over broom poles and wooden panels, but I'd really like to make him an actual jump for her.

I don't know where to buy one in Australia and all the websites I could find about making jumps didn't really help.

Does anyone know how to make jumps? I'd prefer it to not be expensive to make as it's just a practice jump.

Thanks everyone!

View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1448768608.746085.jpg

I'm making some jumps right now for really cheep. I am using cardboard and spare wood- if you don't have any you can get it at any hardware store for a reasonable price.

I used 3 wooden boards that each measure about one inch thick and
2 1/2 feet long. I have one of the boards as a base, laying flat. On either end of the base board, I nailed the 2 other boards, standing up. Then, at equal intervals on the inside of the 2 boards, I took empty toilet paper rolls and cut them in half forming a little dip which I rested cylinder shaped poles (used as an actual jump) which stayed/rested in between the two vertical boards. You can remove them such as a regular jump. When I'm closer to being finished I'll include a picture, since I feel like I didn't do the best job at explaining!

You did a great job of explaining :D I'm pretty sure I understand it, but I'd still love to see the photo when your done hahaha

Thanks

Latest posts

Back