Food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feed Nutreena at the moment, but will switch back to Heinold when this supply is done.

Buck Jones uses Purina Rabbit Chow.

Some people like Blue Seal, I don't. It's a matter ofpreference, but I found that Tucker's molting never seemed to come toan end on Blue Seal.

OxBow is another good one that the veterinary's assistant uses for her rabbits.

Feeds to avoid are the colorful ones as they are often high in sugarand low in the nutrients, protein, etc., that a rabbit needs.They're more geared towards pleasing us than they are in being a goodchoice for a rabbit. I'd definitely steer clear of Kaytee.

-Carolyn

I have gone from Purina Rabbit Chow to PurinaAdvanced Show Formula because of additional ingredients like Vitamin Eoil and yucca extract. Feed choices are still somewhatarbitrary because of differences that can occur amongst the samebrands, due to local milling conditions.

Find out what works for you, or for local rabbit knowledgeable ownersand breeders. Brands carried by feed stores tend to befresher and more nutritious than some of the pet store brands.

Querying rabbit feed on the Internet should provide one with enoughinformation to be able to choose intelligently. Some of themore acknowledged names in the industry include: Purina,Heinold, OxBow, Blue Seal, and Nutreena, to name but a few.Companies, such as Purina, provide different varieties to feed to caterto individuals needs and preferences. Cost differentialsbetween good and poor feed is so inconsequential, you owe it toyourself and your bun(s) to purchase the best possible feed you can getby educating yourself a bit.

Buck

Latest posts

Back