Rabbit Toy DIYs

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyBug101

Reaction score
A place to share any rabbit housing or toy DIY ideas or things that worked for you.
My rabbits personally love cardboard boxes in which I fill with hey, straw or bedding. Its a place for them to burrow, chew and hide. I strongly recommend this to any bunny owner. Also, you can attach several boxes with doors and windows. Enjoy!

When she was young, Harvey liked Starbucks bags. You know the bags they give you, the brown paper ones? She liked to toss them, chew them and go in them. As an adult, she really likes that stuff brown paper they use to pack items. When ever I order from Amazon, Harvey gets the paper. It comes in a long sheet and she loves it.

I saved this veggie roller thing on my phone a while ago. I have yet to try it, though.

With the boxes, I poked holes in the brown one, and pulled newspaper strips though them. I also connected the two boxes with this tunnel we bought for Pippi a while ago. She absolutely loooooves it. ^_^

We also used a shallow box we had and put newspaper strips in it. We scatter food pellets, or a few raisins, or carrot slices in there, and Pippi has to dig in the newspaper to find the food.

View attachment 1489843985096.jpg

View attachment 1489844171823.jpg

View attachment 1489844219917.jpg

View attachment 1489844273097.jpg

Apple sticks!!! Andy loves apple sticks!! we have an apple tree (not sprayed with and pesticides) that i'll go out and pick some sticks off for him. He especially likes the bark. he prefers the apple stick to be freshly cut when its still "alive" so it still has that "apple taste" not like the pet store ones that have probably been sitting on the shelf for awhile. and its a bonus for andy if any leaves are still on the stick :weee:

Here is a list of poisonous woods:
Acacia
Apricot
Azalea
Beech
Box
Cherry
Clematis
Elder
Holly
Ivy
Laburnum
Mistletoe
Oak
Oleander
Peach
Periwinkle
Plum
Privet
Rhododendron
Rosewood
Yew
Snowberry
Spindleberry
Thorn Apple
Waxplant
Wisteria
Here is a list of safe woods for bunnies:
Apple
Birch
Blackberry
Fir tree
Hazel
Hawthorn
Maple
Pear
Rasberry
Spruce tree
Willow
I'm not sure what happens to your bunny if they eat a poisonous wood, but it could range from a sore stomach to fatal results, depending on the tree.

Latest posts

Back