New rabbit owner and new to the forum

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middleman1982

Reaction score
My fiance and I recently brought home a 9, well 10 week old now, broken castor rex. We're both new to rabbit thing, outside of tragic childhood memories. Lol. So I thought I'd reach out to a community of other's who are owned by a bunny.

Cooper was originally planned as an out door pet that was basically there to fertilize my garden project and help balance out the male/female ratio at home, but after an hour with him touring the rabbitry he was purchased from, the fiance let me know he was her rabbit, and an indoor pet. Also possible a show pet. So I look forward to picking your brains and learning a few things along the way.
e7f728a49172186f76f0040f638fa180.jpg

Hello and welcome to the forum! Lots of good info to be had here for everyone from beginner to experienced with rabbits.

Your cutie looks very much like a girl I had awhile back.

It's great having bunny indoors. Many on here house their rabbits indoors so we'll be here for that learning curve! :)

Its definitely a learning experience, hoping to get the litter box training down sooner rather than later. That way he has more free roam when we're home. Eventually we hope to get an introduction with him and the dogs. But I'm moving extra slow on that. I figure better safe than sorry.

Congrats on your new furry friend and also welcome to the forum.
I have a Mini Rex named Iris.

Its definitely a learning experience, hoping to get the litter box training down sooner rather than later. That way he has more free roam when we're home. Eventually we hope to get an introduction with him and the dogs. But I'm moving extra slow on that. I figure better safe than sorry.

He's still young. Some young ones take to litter training readily but may forget those habits once hormones activate. So just a "heads up" in case he potty trains and then suddenly seems to go backwards.

Hormones could also interfere as he tries to get to know the dogs.

I've used a certain method to introduce dogs to bunnies. You can read about it here when you feel the time is right.

He's still young. Some young ones take to litter training readily but may forget those habits once hormones activate. So just a "heads up" in case he potty trains and then suddenly seems to go backwards.

Hormones could also interfere as he tries to get to know the dogs.

I've used a certain method to introduce dogs to bunnies. You can read about it here when you feel the time is right.
Great article, we've definitely got to work on the girls levels of excitement. They're red coon hound/German pointer mixes, and still young. They're balls of energy.

Back