Who has a lop (any type of lop) who's ears never lopped?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I figured out how to post pics! Here is Papaya:

B4C63DE4-70E6-475E-A2C9-E0D5DB4EC3A2-4953-0000056B68A00366.jpg

Peppy's ears flopped but not all the way. Sometimes they're droopier than others. This is one of the first pictures we got of him:
Pepster
and he's 4 years old so it isn't a case of late ear flopping. :p

Awh! These buns are so cute! Phoenix has very flexible ears and will sometimes lop them or sometimes have one down and one up but most of the time they are up. She definitely has lop in her, when I put her ears down, she looks like a lop mix and she is also around 4.

Peppy is too cute! He looks like my Kiwi!

This is what kiwi looked like as a baby. I didn't think her ears would ever lop!

ADCCB6C1-1CC1-4B0C-9878-177CD2E3C565-6212-000006D9CA6EFA73.jpg

And then:

3C9B98D7-A391-469E-9D97-F48840D9B014-6212-000006D9863AED74.jpg

I am new to bunnies, and I am just a pet owner, but I am trying to learn more...
And I'm a bit concerned about my bunny.
I have a 5 month old holland lop doe that I got from a purebred show breeder...
When I got her at 8 weeks her ears were fully lopped. Then as she started growing, just a few weeks later, they airplaned and often stick straight up to this day, with no sign of going down. She does have pretty short, fat ears.
I am so confused about why they were lopped before and now they're not.
I'm wondering how I can tell if she has a narrow crown or if she is just in a funny growth phase... how can I tell if they ever will lop? I think she's cute just the way she is, and I like airplane ears, but when her ears stick straight up she looks really strange, like it's not natural for her...
Thanks!

Hi Hummingbird!! Before I have Calia and Nayer whose ears are straight up , I had 3 normal lops. I don't know the exactly breed they were but i know that they were lops. I had 2 males and one female . so, the female at the first time has her earns up but finally at the second month her earns came down slowly but they never came up again. But, I remember when i bought a lop in a shop .They told that she was a lop but she had her erns up... With the past of the time, her earns never come down and i didn't know wht. Oe day she felt ill because her earns are infected so muy i advise you go to the vet to take an usual looked because it is a good form to prevent possible problems.

I have two bunnies, 1 who both ears didn't flop and one bunny with one ear up and one ear down, so it can be natural for there ears not to flop😊

Back