What should I do? And how will she cope?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhoenixTheMiniLop

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question for you all:

I have to go into surgery in about 2 weeks and I have a 10 week old mini lop (Phoenix) who needs loving, she is situated in my room with my partner and I and is comfortable but I won't be able to stay at home after it's done I have to stay with someone who can take better care of me as my partner works full time and won't have enough time to spend with Phoenix and another problem: Phoenix doesn't particularly like my partner, don't know if she prefers a female over male or what but everytime he goes to say hello to her, she will have a sniff and run away. So leaving her here isn't the best option.
My nan is happy to babysit her for a week or so but that means her hutch will have to be moved and she will be a area that she unknown to her and she hasn't met my nan yet.
I don't want to frighten her and when she comes back to me, for her to not like me and her personality change but I also want her to go to my nans to be properly looked after and my nan will give her a lot of love!!!!

So please, anyone with answers please reply to this because I'm very worried and I want to do whats best for my baby! :bunny5

Truth bomb: Bunnies like whoever brings the yummies. Likely you are the one who takes primary care of Phoenix so she likes you best and isn't so sure about your partner. Same here! My two like me best and when my partner comes lumbering by, they run for their lives. But when I have to be out of the country, I leave them with him. And then ~magically~ within a few days, the bunnies LOVE him and come towards him instead of running away. Because he is now the bringer of the yummies.

If she has lots of toys and space, and your partner is willing to spend lots of time with her when he's back from work, I'd say leave her where she is. She will be in a comfortable familiar home and will learn to love him too (and won't forget you, don't worry). Uprooting her for a week could be a big shock to her and I'd avoid it if possible, unless your partner really cannot feed, clean and spend even a little time with her daily.

Ok thanks very much for that :) yes I am the one to take care and spend all the time with her, clean and hutch and what not so that makes sense! I've decided I'm going to leave her here at home and just work with it and clean her hutch well before I go and my partner can take care of the feedings and spend time with her until I come back so I just hope she stops being silly and doesn't run away from him!!!!
Can you tell me if this is enough room for her? She has free run of this pen daily until bed time then she goes in her hutch to bed.
View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1426502371.290129.jpg

I offer her to go further than that when I'm home with her to watch her and she gets curious and then backs away and decides not to...
And she has a toilet roll and little cat ball with a bell in the middle but she doesn't seem to like playing with them. What else can I offer her to keep her amused??

Latest posts

Back