Sneezing, please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Konvalinka26

Reaction score
Hi. Mybunny is 12 weeks old. Got him 4 weeks ago. I got him vacinted 3weeks ago and week after that he started sneeze. I was at vet and she gave him antibiotics and he finished them 4 days ago and still sneezes. Its very weird sound like he coughs or dont know what to do. Today i bought for him new litter carefresh. Before he was using wood shavings. I thought it could be from that woodshavings. He eats drinks normal. Vet said it could be from moving and new place but i dont know. It got worse and that antibiotics didnt get better.

Hey, I'm a new member myself here.
What did you get him vaccinated for? Also what was the antibiotic he was on, and how long was the treatment? Is there any discharge coming from his nose when he sneezes? I have a rabbit with symptoms as well, and it's sad when they develop health/respiratory problems like this. Is he exposed to any stress, or any environmental issues besides the move? Maybe he is still getting over the litter change, it could take a few days for the symptoms to clear up since you just purchased the care fresh for him. Much better choice though, a lot of small animals are sensitive to wood shavings.

One of mine was sneezing like crazy when I first got him. It was the litter. I had him using wood shavings. I switched to wood pellets and he stopped. If there are no other symptoms, antibiotics might be unnecessary and could render them useless when needed.

Latest posts

Back