Drooling?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have started to notice of of my rabbits is drooling. Where she sleeps, the floor seems a bit more wet recently and there is some clear liquid. As first we though maybe she just went to the toilet there but she is usually so good for using the litter tray. But yesterday, I was stroking her behing the ears and I noticed that she hagan to drool and a couple of drops splashed on the carpet. I have never noticed her doing that before and that could explain the clear liquid we found. So, online it says it's her teeth. But this seems strange as she went to the vet for her injections last month and she said her teeth were very good and she always chews her toys. She doesn't seem to be eating less but she isn't exactly rushing to her food bowl or anything. This morning, she had a nibble of the fresh food we gave her but then just ran off to play. However, she is one of those rare bunnys that isn't always that fussed about food so if she had of done that and she hadn't been drooling, we wouldn't think anything of it. Usually she just comes back for some later. But I didn't know if she had or not as I had to leave and it's hard to track what she eats with my other rabbit. What should I do?

It could be a molar problem, which would require a deeper, more thorough check than the usual quick look at her front teeth. Ask the vet to check for molar spurs.

Latest posts

Back