Update and Questions on new adoptee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leopold_Ruby

Reaction score
My new english lop is a dolly.I have named him Hudson. He binkies more than he walks, and I'm not exaggerating! I think my husband is disgusted with him because he is TOO darn sweet, if that makes sense.
Anyways, how can I help improve his litter box habits? Does it just improve with age? My other rabbits use their boxes a lot better than he does. His poops are large, but seem wetter than the others. He can squish some if he steps on them. Is this okay and how to I help him with that?

His litterbox habits should improve on its own. Any bunny in a new environment is going to poop/pee everywhere the first couple of weeks until they're settled in. You can help him along by gathering up his poop and placing it in the litterbox, and soaking his pee in tissues to do the same thing, so he learns that the litterbox is where it goes.

Just give him lots of hay and make sure he eats it. :)

He eats all his hay. Should I limit pellets a bit until his stool
Hardens up a bit? The majority are large pellet like stools but some are softer than what I
Used to.

It's probably stress-related due to the new environment. You don't have to limit his pellets if he's willing to eat lots of hay. A bit of variation in poop type in response to changes is expected, I wouldn't worry unless it's actually runny or mushy.

Are you feeding pellets ad lib? There's lots of differing opinions of how many pellets to feed young rabbits - some say ad lib but my vet told me that she still thinks you should limit pellets with even baby rabbits to encourage more hay eating.

Latest posts

Back