Rabbit Trancing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cookie doesn't go that deep into it, so maybe henever is really tranced. His eyes close a little bit, but hewill look around occasionally. Maybe, he's just a big babythat likes to be held like that. (Like a newborn baby.)

Wabbitwuv

I have tranced nibbles and it has worked great..she loves to be put in a trance.... but sometimes she wants out so shewill jump out of it quickly

Best of luck with your bun,

Madhura

FWIW... Meat has always been freakishly easy to trance.

F'rinstance, she vehemently objects to being fitted with her harness,but if I just pick her up & flip her onto her back, she'll liequite calmly while said harness is fitted to her.
trance.jpg

I also trance her when I want to give her a manicure and/or clean herscent glands. As you can imagine, the cleaning of one's scent glands isnot something any mammal would willingly undertake. ;} Still, mytranced Meat didn't even seem to notice.

I'm certain that the "trance" response is rooted in evadingpredators... even so, I don't see anything wrong w/ trancing our buns,nowadays. In our case, at least, I know that Meat would suffer far morefrom trying to fight off her "attackers" than she does just submittingto a trance & waking up later w/ shorter claws & cleaner scentglands. o_O

I am a little worried about trancing my rabbitseven though it does look sweet,my vet advised me not to do it as itcauses the rabbit stress as it is a natural survival instinct in timesof danger.

LOL! well i just had an almost successful trance. I read on a site that this is the easiest way to do it
:
"The easiest way to get a bunny on its back is if you pick it up withyour right hand under to front legs and your left hand on the butt andthen you kind of stick the bunny into the crook of your elbow as if youare cradling a baby. Once there, you use your right hand andstart petting the bunnies face and you should start to see them relaxand the head start to fall backwards and then they are in a trance."

So I get up to try it. I always pet Sasha and get him kind of relaxedbefore I do any picking up off of the floor. So I was petting and hegot into his usual low position and I quickly grabbed him and slowlytilted him back in my arm like a baby. This is the first time I've EVERbeen able to pick him without him squirming so I was amazed. Then Istarted rubbing his head and his head started going backwards and myeyes went like this::shock:....I couldn't believe it. I kindof freaked out inside because it was working so I stopped rubbing hishead and he looked back up but he stayed laying in my arms with a"why'd you stop??" look. Then I just put him down gently on the floorand he hopped off and had the nerve to flick his feet too!

Well I won't do it again until I need to clip toenails or something butWOW it's amazing to see it happen. It's freaky but interesting too :D

Latest posts

Back