Malting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rabbit has a big chunk of her hair missing from her back, but the shorter hair underneath is still there. I can just pull bunches of hair out just by touching it. Is this normal?? She also has a tiny flat white ball of something in her eye and it’s been there for 2 or 3 days now. What should I do? Could it just be her fluff? View attachment IMG_1517706613.108389.jpgView attachment IMG_1517706643.664235.jpgView attachment IMG_1517706758.585821.jpgView attachment IMG_1517706807.674852.jpgView attachment IMG_1517706871.939086.jpgShe is going to the vets within the next week or 2 for her vaccinations.

She looks to be molting and it’s normal, my rabbit had horrible molting on the sides and one on the head which looked really ugly on the fur but it will grow back while she keep on molting. Make sure to brush her and help her so she dosen’t get too much fur in her stomach it can get dangerous then. My rabbit have been molting for 4 months now, changing from kit fur to adult and when they have the adult fur they often molt a lot more and you can just pull out fur easy on some places.

The eyes it can be many things but let the vet check on that and help you, my rabbit had also a white stuff in the eye but he had clogged up eye channels and got fine after a treatment with eye drops and massages on the snot area.

Latest posts

Back