Two babies possibly peanuts???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oliviaaa37

Reaction score
So my rabbit gave birth to 4 babies a week today.
It was her second litter.
I’m not sure what breed she is, but I can show you a picture.
So 4 babies arrived, and I noticed that two were smaller than the rest. I’m not entirely sure if the mummy rabbit has the dwarf gene or not.
Here is a picture of a normal kit compared to one I’m concerned about.
I presented a picture of both to show the vet, and she told me that it’s just the runt of the litter, but I am not 100% sure.

Everyday I take the mummy on my knee with the two little babies for extra feeding time, and they both feed.
They have little legs.
Here is a picture for comparison.

B39F605F-E91F-4B0D-8B39-DBA9AEC84F77.jpg

48A3632F-683A-48F4-808F-5A862F63A62C.jpg

They might just be small rabbits. I really don't know. Check for any illnesses. If their eating though, that is good. Keep them healthy, and fed the right amount. I know you didn't post about this, but maybe name one of the small ones Fiver, and a bigger one Hazel. If one of them is brown, name them Cadbury.

- Big Wig and Blackie Chan.

Do you know the weight of the parents? They look like they might be a Polish mix. One looks REW and the other is mixed with something else. Polish do typically carry the dwarf gene. The smaller kit seems out of proportion to be a runt, but sometimes it can be hard to tell. Peanuts won’t live more than a week or two at most.

Do you know the weight of the parents? They look like they might be a Polish mix. One looks REW and the other is mixed with something else. Polish do typically carry the dwarf gene. The smaller kit seems out of proportion to be a runt, but sometimes it can be hard to tell. Peanuts won’t live more than a week or two at most.

I believe they are both 1kg.
I’ve watched all the kits walk around the hutch and the two smallest ones (both the same size), walk a bit wonky and then fall over. I believe they have a weird back and it looks like their back legs don’t work too well.
They are currently 8 days old.

Thank you Stinkerbunnies, they poo and wee, and I give them both extra feeding of their mummy’s milk.

Latest posts

Back