Bunny Yard Sale / Meet Up This Sat/Sun?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you gals could do a bunny grooming day. You can trim nail, clean glands and brush out the rabbits. It could cost $5-10 per rabbit and all the money would go to the UVic buns. You would need to advertise a bit and could set it up at someones help or possibly a pet store or other location. If people have questions about feeding, housing, behaviour you can offer some advice as well. This would help pet bunnies, their owners and the bunnies in need.

I like that idea, Kate! I wonder where/how we can do that without making a huge kerfuffle.

We also need to make a hay run pretty soon. Darcy's babies are going to need alfalfa soon and April's running out of hay for her bunnies.

My front yard and porch is good for any kind of meet-up, health check/nail clipping, etc, although the house is a little dark and (right now) a lot messy for anything inside.

I'm up for a hay run with the rented pick-up ($8.50 an hour from the Co-op!) any time the weather is good -- although there is a canopy so even a rainy day is possible, just not as nice. I just need one or two people to tag along to help unload (they do all the loading), split bales or whatever, help navigate and keep me company!

I have to pick up the little gray guy with the wonky leg from the Yaletown vet tomorrow sometime after 4 PM, they're doing the x-ray there (yay Yaletown's Dr. Spooner!!).

I think Christina is coming downtown on Friday so it may be a good time to take the other guys in to Dr. Martinez, but I'm still not sure if they're ready for spays and neuters.

I'll be posting a full report in the other thread, but I have two boys (the gold and little gray guy) and a girl (the black one) and I haven't seen any mounting activity and I really don't see descended testicles, although that's not my area of expertise. My other boys had huge ones you couldn't miss -- Mikey and Zac because they were huge bunnies and Mister 'cause he was an older breeder bunny.

They appear to be adolescents, so I expect I'll be seeing some action anytime. For now, they have free run time together. The black and gold ones hang out together, the gray baby (who is younger) is on his own.

Mikey oddly enough doesn't like the girl but gets along with the two boys. :ponder:

Sherry of course wants to kill the works. (And Pipp wants to kill ME!) Nobunny else has been introduced.

What I need is help in advance of a yard sale, the stuff is all over the place (including the pile that fell down the stairs), and maybe a ride out to Martinez and back.

Christina is coming into town in the morning as noted, but I doubt she'll want to drive back, so if it works better for Aaryn or someone else, or if I'm on my own looking elsewhere, let me know.

If rides out there are hard to come by, I can wait until the hay run and drop them off on the way, or hold off until for sure they're ready for neuters and/or the girl is for sure old enough for a spay, so not a huge deal there.

We may also want to head back to the Island seeing as I think this lot can be placed, but I'd prefer to see another thread for that. This is supposed to be a yard sale thread, LOL!

Thoughts, calls, whatever welcome!

PS: There is scattered showers expected over the weekend, but none of the weather channels seem to know exactly when!

sas

Pipp wrote
Christina is coming into town in the morning as noted, but I doubt she'll want to drive back, so if it works better for Aaryn or someone else, or if I'm on my own looking elsewhere, let me know.
Sorry, Sas, I'm having trouble understanding this one. Did you need a ride on Friday to Dr. Martinez?

If so, I'll need to check with April on that one. We intended to use Friday morning since April doesn't have work til 2pm to head out to Eagle Ridge with Sidney and Harley (and maybe Evie).

Is there another time we can arrange a vet visit to Dr. Martinez?

No rush on Martinez I don't think. I can just give Christina the CD with the x-rays on it for the little guy.

I really do need to get the yard sale stuff sorted out tho, not sure what's happening with that. And I really need more black panels from Canadian Tire, and I could use more of the red clips and two more hay racks from the dollar store if anybody is going out that way.

Too tired to think well today, this may have been discussed before, don't remember, need more coffee!

sas

Rain for sure (almost) both Saturday and Sunday, so no yard sale or adoption event. :(

Really need to find the camera batteries I just bought so I can post the UVic bunnies story and progress, and send pics to the people interested in adoption/foster. :)

Maybe the Cambie location will have them, but they'll be pricey. I have white, I just need black, so I guess I pay extra for the 'decor' aspects, LOL!

sas

No, I was supposed to talk to him yesterday but we ended up playing a game of continuous missed phone calls! So the appt was because I assumed I would've already spoken to him. I can't make the appt until we talk about what's going to happen next. Does he want to see Sidney to continue meds, or book a surgery to amputate if his leg sounds like a lost cause =T

Or maybe I should just make the appt because its the only way I can definitely speak to him lol.

Latest posts

Back