Rex or Satin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kitty88

Reaction score
Chloe is a rescue bun, and we've had her for about ten months now. (she's sitting next to me on my computer chair and nudging my elbow for pets right now) When we first got her, I did some research and decided that she was probably a Rex, but the more I read about how their coat length, the more I think she may not be a Rex. She's extremely soft and her fur is very fine, but it's still about an inch long, and it seems like she has a downy under coat along with a longer guard hairs that are black tipped.

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02599-1.jpg

Your pictures aren't showing up anymore, could you repost them?

Yes, rex fur is all one length and pretty short. Very plush like velvet.

Normal rabbit fur can be very soft, especially if they are on a good diet.

-Dawn

I know! I was thinking Rex due to size and softness, but she's just so shiny. And, dare i say it....silky feeling. XD

she isn't a rex.

I would guess maybe satin, but she really could be just a black rabbit (like a new zealand, mix, ect)

the true way to test is to look at her fur under a microscope, satin fur looks different. maybe if Pam stops by she will post a photo example of it, I think she has one.

and if she is a satin! yay! I have a satin boy, and I just LOVE him to death!

her fur looks like it's very thin and white close to her skin and then gets slightly thicker and black towards the ends. does that help?

My little girl is a Satin then, I suppose. I feel bad for passing her off as a Rex for so long! XD
thanks for all the help, everyone!

Latest posts

Back