Edmonton Humane Society

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whipple

Reaction score
"The Edmonton Humane Society strongly believes that the pet population in the community should be controlled.
That is why spay and neuter surgery is done on all EHS shelter dogs, puppies, cats, kittens, ferrets, and even some rabbits prior to becoming available for adoption."

So how do they choose who gets neutered? I don't get it.

At the moment, the shelter is not fixing the rabbits. They are too busy doing the dogs and cats.

Therabbits you see that are neutered/spayed arebunnies turned in by their owners who already had them fixed.

2qch85e.jpg

EHS medical operation.

They changed their policy about rabbits, or at least I was told so yesterday. Now they are all $50 and will all be fixed. They just wait to fix them until someone adopts them since it saves a lot of time.
It's sad to say but you wouldn't want to spend so much time with an operation and recovery if the little guy will just be put down at a later date.
With how many bunnies they have right now I can't blame them.

A number of rabbits were fixed the last few days, andmore bescheduled next week. That's why you will see rabbits taken off the adoption list, until they recover.

But as Mubunny said, "wait to fix them until someone adopts them" could happen to some bunnies.

Since the shelter started fixing the rabbits, 4 bunnies were adopted today. :bunnydance:

I saw two of them go home with their newfamilies. I found out that Mary (one of my fosters) was adopted, but she is on hold as she is waiting for her spay.

2cpxs3l.jpg

This is her out for a little run.

All adult bunnies are now spayed or neutered for $50.00 before they leave the shelter.

All baby bunnies can be adopted outfor $75.00 which include fixing. (If they are too young, you bring them back when they are 4 months old).

1149_241555_020000000.jpg

I am in the operating roomduring the procedure.

Latest posts

Back