Rescue Bunnies In Abbotsford!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC00941.jpg

How can you resist this little face?

sas :biggrin2:

TinysMom wrote:
Keep the flemmies - sell the coffee table...who needs one anyway when you can have a flemmie around?
You just end up putting junk on it!
Can I kick my nephew out of the house?

I got rid of the kids because my bunnies were allergic to them.
My point exactly! I saw my signature in a bun store as a bumper sticker and thought to myself, that is so true! Give the kid a tent and a good heavy sleeping bag, he'll be ok.

The cocoa Flemmie is a boy! :shock: I was wondering because Mister should have been amourous but they were fighting through the bars, so I checked and his boy parts haven’t dropped yet (thankfully), but he’s a boy.

Earlier there was also a lot of attempted mounting going on with the other Flemmie, and they had a big fight last night (misplaced aggression when Mister was visiting them) so I’ve separated them. I haven’t checked yet to make sure she’s a girl. And they really didn’t appear to be all that well bonded, other than sleeping together, they weren’t together much.

The cocoa boy is running around the house at the moment. I’m not sure where I’ll put him, I can block him in the bathroom and front hall, although the timing is bad, they’re about to start renovating it tomorrow. He can always go in the back porch, Radar and Darry’s digs -- I've moved them into the front room because Radar is sick -- until they’re finished. He’s such a sweetheart though, it would be nice to have him close by.

I'd better start a Blog ... or something.

sas :shock:

They are beautiful! And they will get big fast! LOL! The darker one is a Sandy, the lighter one is a Fawn. I think they look very happy in your place!

They were neutered on Friday, the fawn (aka Zac) didn't even seem to notice. He weighs just under 9 lbs, btw. The little guy (aka Mickael/Mikel) is a bit stressed. He's only 7.8 or something.

Neither like me much, they love pets from everybody but me, and they were like that even before I had to hold them while they got all their pre-op meds at the Vet's. They do NOT like to be picked up. I haven't been forgiven.

I don't have the high protein pellets, they don't seem to like the other ones much -- none of the bunnies do, I think they're stale -- and I haven't been able to get out to get them anymore. I'm also on doctors orders to avoid heavy lifting (just had surgery), can't easily get pellets or litter myself. :(

And I still haven't treated their mites, although I got some Revolution and ear drops from the vet. Really must do that today.

Zac is on the porch but his poop and pee is rolling off the deck into the neighbour's window below, I may have to move him, but really don't know where.

I have a house guest for a few days so everybody is caged/penned.

sas :bunnydance:

Do you still have these two beauties ? If so how are they doing ? I have 3 Flemies and they are amazing ! Mind you only one of them is sweet lol the other two are cranky little buggers lol

Well Mikel is now 13 lbs and not quite as incorrigible, but close! He still gets into EVERYTHING, but at least his litter habits have improved considerably, at least in his pen. (The living room, not so much!) ;) But he's a total lap dog. He literally hops on my lap and waits for the pets. And he's fine with being picked up.

At first I felt too guilty to try and adopt out Mikel, he was messy, destructive, accident prone, a scrapper, he had health issues... Now I'm feeling guilty for keeping him!

Zac has gone to a new permanent home where he will have human slaves, a bunny friend, and lots of space! He was pretty friendly, he just hated getting picked up.

I'm down to six bunnies in four areas, its so much easier. Here's hoping no more pressing cases pop up. I'm turning off my sucker light! (Actually, I may foster somebunny else when my roommate gets back, but probably a little guy).

Thanks for asking!

sas :bunnydance:

DSC01255.jpg

Well, here's Mike looking coy and cozy on the couch....

DSC01262.jpg

Zac cozy on the couch (staring down a bunny poop?)

DSC01279-1.jpg

Zac, before he moved out, playing explorer bunny. (Normally a Mikel thing, their rolls were switched!)

DSC01263.jpg

And Zac under the table..

DSC01282.jpg

And Mikel attacking a pretty head of purple kale I was trying to take a picture of.

Latest posts

Back