Flash's Place

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tracy, you missed where I said that was the nicest thing said to me :), the eyes watering was a good thing you silly goose. I was all teary eyed from happiness. You chose to ignore that bit though and said sorry when there was nothing to be sorry for :?, I was saying thank you.

Your pictures are so cute :D, we didn't 'do' christmas so it's lovely to see your rabbits having so much fun.

I'm sorry that you are struggling and if there was something I could do, I would do it.

Tracy your pictures are wonderful. I especially love The Dopeys they are so cute, well actually all your Babies are cute.

Did you have them all out at the same time? Gosh can I say spoilt bunnies, they sure got alot of goodies from Santa. Lucky Buns.

Susan:)

PS

Beautiful tribute to Flash.

I would have LOVED to be able to have them all out at once but whilst some would cope with others there would be definite fights, Sky, Badger and Star would fight with everyone, Candyfloss and Dopey 2 would fight, Lightning, Angel and Dusk would all fight each other and probably everyone else, Sandy would demand everyone bow down to her and when they didn't she would scrap with them, and Dawn would chase everyone off. Infact, probably only the fosters would be accepting of tohers buns, and thats because mine have only known being spoilt rotten, and my fosters have had some hard times, lol. I have a bunch of ungrateful brats, but I love them anyway. I would LOVE a complete swarm of rabbits that swarmed everywhere as a 17 :D but it would never happen. At the moment it's just singles, pairs or trios, although come spring, who knows what might happen.

It looks like you've had a wonderful Xmas, Tracy. Everybunny looks so happy!
Gonna have to get some basil plants for my fuzzies.
I really enjoyed Flash's tribute too. Am glad that his anniversary was remembered with more joy this year:hug:

Can't wait for a vid of Sky rocking out on Guitar Hero!:cool:

Looks like your buns had a super Christmas Tracy :)

I love the Flash Tribute - It's really nice :shock:

Hope you start feeling a little better soon :( Like Michelle said if there was something we could do we'd do it in a heartbeat :)

Becca x

Tilly had another injection today and is doing really well with how she is holding her head :D Which is fantastic. Summer, to me, has been looking a little on the boney side down her spine, but has a nice full, round belly, so I asked my vet what he thought (Summer comes along with Tilly because it doesn't phase her, and Tilly needs the support). He agreed that she is feeling thin. She has a greta appetite and the trio are already getting more than I would normally give, but he said while she is willing and able, it might just be she is not getting enough during the cold weather. I'm not so sure on this, but am willing to go with the multiple feeds, and feeding her separately (I'm also going to give oats), but I have other thoughts on this. When she came to me she had a small lump in her skin, on her hip. My vet said it was a cyst, and when the RSPCA vet tried to drain it nothing came out (the RSPCA vet is very not good), and I also asked them to remove it when she was spayed, but they refused. My main concern is that this tumour is causing the weightloss. The other possibility, in my eyes, is that she is still recovering from the tape worm. I considered and dismissed teeth as an issue because she is stuffing both pellets and hay with no problems at all.

It's all very reminiscent of Sweep, and that worries me. I could easily handle 'my' Summery going to a new home, but I can't bare the thought of losing her here, especially to something that should have been sorted months ago, although I would far prefer her to die here than elsewhere (for her sake, and the sake of the others). If I lose her then Roger and Tilly will become a permanent feature of this household and I will juggle some of the bondings here (I will probably split up Candyfloss and Cloud (who are a bit of a volatile pair), and bond Candyfloss with Roger and Tilly, and rebond Cloud with the Dopeys).

Candyfloss and Cloud havebeen having some problems. They are bonded still, but they are very volatile. He gets moods, and she is very nervy, so if he is in a mood, she reacts badly to that. I have had to move them into a bigger run (but with a smaller hutch area) to allow for more running if necessary. They do sit together sometimes, and they occassionally groom. They don't fight, but they don't appear to be as happy as they could be. I have been mulling over my different options. The first thought is that Cloud could go back with the Dopeys. That leaves Candyfloss. She is not a fighter and could do with a mother hen bunny friend like Roger, who just wants to adore, however he is currently not mine. That means my options are Dusk, Sky and Badger. Star is out because he is a turd and that would scare Candyfloss (I did have a vague idea of bonding him with the Dopeys, but obviously that may go out the window). I know for sure that Sandy wouldn't bond with Sky or Badger, and intended to bond her with Dusk (Sandy permitting), so ideally Candyfloss would go with Sky or Badger. I think the ideal candidate is Badger because he is not a fighter, however that could not happen until after I have rearranged my room in the spring because none of the cages would be big enough for her (and she has become a BIG bunny), but I do know for sure she would LOVE to be an indoor bun.

Personally I'm just not comfortable with Cloud and Candyfloss being together and acting as they are now. So all that up there is just musings, and if ANYONE managed to follow all the different bunnies and options then I'm impressed. I have so many buns that there MUST be a good solution here. I would love having Candyfloss in my room, but she can only come in to be bonded with someone.

Currently I have 5 sets of buns in my room, and come spring I will be making that down to 3 groups, either by bonding, or just moving buns outside, to allow all the buns to have more space. The only buns who are not available for any bondings are obviously currently the Fosters and also Lightning and Angel who are intact, but the rest are all potentially bondable, which leaves 12 buns to play around with (although to be fair I can think of at least two who would object to any change, lol).

Star is finally back to himself and it's lovely to see him all sparky again. I've missed that :D He even stood up on his back legs to greet me yesterday, which is the first time in a long time too :D He's finally forgiven me!

In terms of me I took myself to the docs this morning. Again he talked about going into hospital, and he added more options this time. Funnily enough we did none of them, but I have been given anti-psychotics to knock me out if I feel myself start to dissociate (he said they will slow me down, lol, so that could be interesting), and he wants me to go back on Friday (he's keeping a VERY close eye on me) and he will give me some anti depressants. He also made me promise that if I feel dangerous between now and then to call the out of hours docs (including tomorrow during the day). He also told me that I have the most insight into my illness than any other patient he sees (the only person he knows who has more insight is his best friend, and he is obviously not his doctor)

Wow, my mind boggles with all the bonding options. You must have some huge room to have so many sets of buns indoors. I had to move our indoor cage outside to make room for Christmas mayham. Secretely I wish I had as many bunnies. Hope you are going to feel better too. Wishing you and all your buns a happy new year. Sabine

Latest posts

Back