Bunny Names! The Unusual !

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueMoonBunnies

Reaction score
So I am adopting two rabbits next month. Not sure what genders, we are between a male and a female or two females. (Bunnies will be fixed as soon as they can be! Already spoken to my vet and went over cost.) But they will of course need names! Currently im really set on naming them after my favourite video game (World of Warcraft) So id like to call the pair Azsuna(Female) and Illdari (Male) ! But bf wants two females, one named Beauty (Hes so original i swear. lol) We already have these names for our other pets Spartan and Sasha (Horses) Acadi and TJ (dogs) Mr. Cat (5 year old named..lol) Amora and Little Bear (Cats) and our calves all have cute names as well, newest is baby heifer Pluto! SO any ideas? :) The more unusual the better. PS Post pics of your bunnies id love to see!

Unusual names are the best, I personally like Arrow and Zeppelin and the best part they work for male or female, you can also do Ares (male) Cinder (female) Or Bellamy (male) Tamsin (female) I also really like Ivy and Ned I know there not that unusual but I've always thought they were nice names, my first bunny was named Ivy, I've included a pic of my Iris who's a Mini Rex,she's 1 year old. View attachment ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1487919419.467588.jpg

Chosing a name is very personal. My animals are mostly named after litterature characters. I like Shakespearian name (I've got a Tybalt, right now ^^). However, my advice is to take a male and a female. Female / female pairings are harder to bond (yes, they will get along as babies, but that doesn't mean anything about 3 months later) and a lot less stable. It can be done, but it doesn't always work and if you are not experienced with bonding bunnies, taking a male / female pairing will save you a lot of trouble. That said, of course NO bunnies should be in direct contact before being neutered / spayed and healed. You have to separate them immediately after you get them - that will prevent a new 'my bunny injured my other bunny' / 'my bunny got pregnant at 10 weeks and died after killing all of the kits' thread.

If you haven't done so already, go read the house rabbit society website. They've got a lot of articles about bonding, diet, housing and everything:
http://rabbit.org/category/behavior/multiple-rabbits/

When we first ended up with three buns, my brother was set on naming one of them Butterscotch... The girl bun didn't resemble a Butterscotch.. She was too dark brown.. But the two boys were white with brown markings...

So the girl was named Ellie, one boy Rascal (he was quite the rascal.. Getting into trouble and everything.. I loved him so much) and of course, Butterscotch. Butterscotch does have a "butterscotch" colored spot on the back of his head, but other than that, everyone's like, "why did you name him that?!"

Basically... Rabbits are like the wands in Ollivander's shop.. "The Bun chooses his name, Harry." ^_^

View attachment 1487925075591.jpg

View attachment 1487925096647.jpg

Thanks for the ideas guys! We decided after falling in love with a rescue bunny (finally found a rescue!) To adopt a spayed female in need of a home and if she settles well we will consider getting her a male nuetered compainion later :) CUrrently her name is Bunny FuFu which will be changed haha :) We want to meet her first.

We name our pets based on themes. So birds are dragons from books I've read, rabbits are alcoholic drinks, my slugs had people names (e.g. Johnathon). Our cat very much fit the name Mushroom, since she is always acting like she's hallucinating (she's a very high energy cat who is literally always happy with everyone and everything ever- she chokes herself when we go on walks to try to say high to exactly EVERYONE who passes, since they might be her next best friend forever for example).

Thanks for the ideas guys! We decided after falling in love with a rescue bunny (finally found a rescue!) To adopt a spayed female in need of a home and if she settles well we will consider getting her a male nuetered compainion later :) CUrrently her name is Bunny FuFu which will be changed haha :) We want to meet her first.

That sounds like a good plan! I wish you long hoppy years with her (and a respectable name for her - bunny FuFu is preposterously indignified ^^).

That sounds like a good plan! I wish you long hoppy years with her (and a respectable name for her - bunny FuFu is preposterously indignified ^^).

I agree! All their rescue bunnies had names worthy of some giggles! Bunny FuFu will be given a good unusual name like the rest of her fur family :)

Currently its between Azsuna or Illdari.

Latest posts

Back