Trying to find another Rabbit!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitAsh

Reaction score
Alright, after making a huge cage for Ash, I've decided it would be best to get him a companion so he won't get so lonely. They are very social animals, and Ash is very inviting to any animal that greets him.
But what breed and gender will be best fit with?

He is about 1 years old. His breed is Havana and he has been fixed. And he is male of course. Does anyone have any suggestions for what gender, breed, age he would fit best with?

Ash would probably go best with a spayed Female, the opposite gender usually works better.

The 'breed' doesn't matter. Most pet rabbits are mixes anyway. Personally, I've always had different breeds together, like a lop and an uppy-ear, because I like to have really different looking individuals (I can't understand people who have like four black labs or 3 rabbits who look exactly the same... I mean, there are so many breeds that I want to have and life is sooo short - but maybe it's because other people know exactly what they want and I don't XD).

On the other hand, take a spayed female. Two males won't get along 3 times out of 4 and you would be setting yourself up for a very difficult bonding experience (and an unstable bond - same sex couples are a lot more likely to fight for hierarchy even once the top rabbit has been determined).
A spayed female put on the territory of a pretty mellow neutered male is an ideal situation.If you do the presentations right, chances are the bonding will go well.
That's a useful ressource for bonding:
http://rabbit.org/bonding-rabbits-a-how-to-from-georgia-hrs/

Latest posts

Back