will they fight?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailonwolf

Reaction score
im getting 3 rabbits friday 2 frmales and 1 male they are 7-8 weeks old my hutch is 8 foot wide 4 feet tall (2 cage space 2 off the ground) and 4 feet deep i can easily add dividers to separate them all three are coming from the same place will they fight or do i need to separatethem where they can still see and smell eeach other the male will be separated anyway

can they breed through hardware cloth? i dont want them able to breed unless I want it and my dividers are hardware cloth i can easily replace it with something else

The two females may fight as they start to reach sexual maturity. This can start anywhere from 3-6 months of age depending on the breed of rabbit. Usually smaller breeds mature earlier. They may not fight, but chances are they will not continue to get along after reaching sexual maturity. If you want to house them together, desexing will make it possible to bond them.

Thanks, de sexing isnt a option, but i can easily separate them and them still be able to socialize

they won't breed through standard small opening hardware cloth. you need a 1 x 2 inch wire for that to happen. fighting may or may not happen, depends on the rabbits. you want to watch for tufts of fur in the cage.. that tells you scuffling is going on.

Latest posts

Back