Oscar The Bunny: Eat, Poop, Play, Sleep, Repeat.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today we went to get his post-op check and he is doing great! His sacks have filled with fluid but they are not swollen which means all is good. He is just like how he was before but not much erotic behaviour towards my hand which is awesome. He is starting to really like head rubs and he is letting me do it for longer, he is now grinding his teeth when I pet him on his head, does that mean he likes it or he is in pain? I can feel the vibrations of his teeth grinding through his head but you can barely hear it. He doesn't try to attack my hand whenever he sees it anymore too, forgot to tell you he occasionally attacked my hand before he got neutered.

I made a very short video about Oscar's Neuter spent quite a bit of time editing it but I did it and here it is: [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqJsQEn4Hcg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqJsQEn4Hcg[/ame]

That's awesome that he's healing nicely and acting better :) If the teeth grinding is soft and not hard and loud, it's probably happy grinding.

That video was awesome! I love your channel!

That's awesome that he's healing nicely and acting better :) If the teeth grinding is soft and not hard and loud, it's probably happy grinding.

That video was awesome! I love your channel!

Thanks! It was soft, I searched it up and it means that whatever I was doing he liked it, so I guess head rubs is his favourite now :)

Oscar has been making good progress. I took him off the pain meds last week Saturday and he is fine. It is just every morning I always see his litter tray out of the corner, and he usually keep turning his plate over. I don't know why all of a sudden he is doing this but it is becoming a habit. He is also biting on the cage bars a lot, it is clear he wants to play but I am not going to let him until maybe the end of the week because I just want to be sure he has healed up good.

I have uploaded a new video! If you are thinking about getting your rabbit neutered/spayed then this video will help you a lot with your decision and it will guide you to find he right vet and the perfect time to do the operation. https://youtu.be/TVaGGg5eCGA

It has been nearly 2 months, 2 MONTHS! Since I have posted an update on my bunny blogs and uploaded a video to youtube. I'm sorry I haven't posted for such a long time, do not worry Oscar and me are still alive!

So over the 2 months A LOT has happened.

- Oscar has recovered from his neuter surgery and he is in superb condition, same little Oscar :)
- Moved his cage to the other side of the living room, making him get more light, see the TV and outside the window and down the corridor. This will make him a bit happier and also more aware of his surroundings so he doesn't get frightened by what comes around the corner.
- We have switched him to Burgess Excel pellets, he is a lot healthier than he was with the other ones. I don't know if it is because of the pellet change, but his fur is silkier, soft to touch.
- Talking about fur he went through a shedding phase, I managed to do a lot of grooming and he is now near to the end of it.
- He has a new bowl, I will show it one day, maybe in a video and it says "RABBIT" on there which I think is so cool. We got a new bowl because he keeps throwing is other one around and it is very icky and shredded by his teeth.

That's all I can think of that has happened over that time, not a lot has happened, but there is some stuff that was quite important that you guys missed out on. Reason why I have been gone for 2 months is a word that begins with the letter S and ends with L.... SCHOOL. It has been really tough transitioning from one year to another, I'm now in year 10, embarking on my GCSE's so this is a very important stage of my life, the foundation to my career path for the future so education is always my priority over everything else. I will now be uploading videos again! Expect 1-2 videos a week, so at least 2 per fortnight, if I have extra time expect some more videos. How has everyone else been going? :)

Last edited:
Hello, fantastic to have an update from you. Glad you're both well. I've just in the past week bought my first bag of Burgess for Bandit, so we should be starting that transition around the end of the month depending how long this bag of oxbow lasts. What pellets were you feeding before?

Looking forward to some more videos, while I don't have a schedule I've been keeping them reasonably frequent (or at least trying to)

Hello, fantastic to have an update from you. Glad you're both well. I've just in the past week bought my first bag of Burgess for Bandit, so we should be starting that transition around the end of the month depending how long this bag of oxbow lasts. What pellets were you feeding before?

Looking forward to some more videos, while I don't have a schedule I've been keeping them reasonably frequent (or at least trying to)

I have still been watching your videos! I saw in your mini haul that you got Burgess. It is a really great brand it's just it is a bit expensive but where I got it, they had a bit of a sale so I got a lot of value for money. I was feeding him Harringtons, which isn't one of the recommended brands on the site I checked so I decided it would be better to switch him to more quality pellets, they look more refined and they are smaller in size, so it's really easy for him to eat.

I'm really looking forward to it too! I'm planning to at least upload one video this week, but by the looks of it, I might not get much workload this week. It's usually before the holiday break I get lots of workload because after the break we have end of unit exams etc... Trying to balance my work life and social life... :(

Alright so just a little update the little man has been great. I actually forgot to mention in my previous update that he escaped from his cage while I was at school. I came home to poo in the corner of the living room and wee, he made minimal damage, he did manage to get into one of the wardrobes which was left open and have a little pee on the clothes. He was fine, he ate I checked his poo and nothing was abnormal so I guess he was sensible when he was unsupervised, but I was still worried. He didn't bite cables, we did kinda bunny-proof them anyways by putting wire protectors so he couldn't really chew on it, even if he wanted to.

He likes turning over his water bowl as a little tantrum and then spilling it everywhere and flicking his feet, which means that water lands outside the cage for me to clean up after him, little rascal... I managed to find a catepillar or some worm of some sort in his hay, it frightened me for many reasons:

1) It says fresh and clean hay on the bag.
2) Still wondering if there is a whole family of insects in there.
3) Worst case scenario, they end up in Oscar's cage.

It's a good thing I spotted it because now I'm going to check every hay I buy thoroughly, you cannot 100% trust what is says on the package! Always check! Learn from my mistakes.

Apart from that, he has been a good bun, he hasn't thrown his litter tray across his cage, he hasn't thrown down his hay rack as much and he is just a bit more relaxed now.

Channel news I uploaded a video 3 days ago about rabbit's diet. It is going to be split up into 4 sub-categories (hay, pellets, treats and veggies) and hopefully this will help beginners. Here is the main video though opening up to the other videos that will be uploaded in the foreseeable future.[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfKM0qjaR4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYfKM0qjaR4[/ame]

Latest posts

Back