Do we need a second bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlackRabbits

Reaction score
When I first adopted Princess Zelda, the shelter recommended that I adopt a second rabbit after a few weeks because rabbits need a rabbit companion. It's been a couple of months since I adopted Zelda. She has settled in nicely, and has bonded with the cats, even allowing them inside her cage. One cat in particular is her special friend. Zelda nudges and grooms her, and they spend time close together sitting contentedly.

My question is, will Zelda be OK with her kitty companions, or does she really need another bunny? I'm fine with getting another bunny if needed.

Many indoor rabbits can do just fine as single bunnies. I've had happy singles and happy bonded pairs. There are a few rabbits that seem to really need a companion. Without one, they tend to get overly mischievous and moody. But if your girl seems happy and content, there is no pressing need to get a second one.

Besides that, bonding can sometimes be a nightmare. (Just look around on some past threads!) If you want a second bunny and are willing to go through a bonding process, that's fine. But it certainly isn't necessary.

Latest posts

Back