Why is my buns coat, agouti, always changing it's pattern...week to week change

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heatherv

Reaction score
Maybe he's molting but his coat is looking different on a weekly if not daily basis. the 1st photo (Buster in his basket was the 1st week home) the last photo (a CU of his new crescent moon markings)

He came home in June and today is Jan/28

busterscoata.jpg

busterscoat1.jpg

busterscoat2.jpg

busterscoat3.jpg

Agouti rabbits often develop heavier ticking as they reach adulthood. Looks like a normal chestnut to me!

On a side note, your bunny looks like he has eyebrows and it's awesome! :yahoo::yahoo:

It's from the way the fur is shedding. It happens to Bandit a little bit, but it's not as pronounced in rabbits with plainer fur colours. As he sheds completely you will see him return to "normal" :D It's nothing to be worried about

My Pepper's agouti fur does the same thing. She seems to shed all year and gets different patterns in her fur.

P4240022.jpg

As they shed, we have noticed some minor changes once it's over. Sometimes it's really funny to look at. Pete sheds from his belly first and around to his back and ends with a shaggy Mohawk. Mr B ended up with a white nose he never had for his first ten years.

Alfy's fur does the same in her agouti bits. She has a black line on her nose at the minute!

Latest posts

Back