Name learning?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleyjeffery

Reaction score
My rabbit, pascal, is about 9 months old. I'm having trouble getting him to learn his name and what "no" means. He's got quite the personality and doesn't like me to hold him or touch him when he's playing in the floor alsoImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393905706.932351.jpgImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393905729.562935.jpg

My rabbit Clover is the same way. If she's playing she doesn't like to be touched. She's around a year old, but the way she learns from me is when I enter the room she's in I'm very quiet and all I say is her name. She had learned that I'm getting her attention with that name that way.

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1394009187.042676.jpg

My Baby Clover <3

Sounds like Pascal is doing the training. Bunnies learn very quick, but they also want to dominate and be the alpha most of the time. We have a couple hat come right to us when called and love to be held--very strange for a bunny. You just have to keep working at it and read up on bunny behavior so as not to be trained by him.

Sophie doesn't like me "bugging" her when she's playing either. I can almost hear her say "I'M BUSY" lol
Usually she foot flicks me in discontent when I try to get a pet in when she's exploring and such.

Your bun will learn his name in time:)

As far as learning what no means, I've found the most useful tools in getting them to behave to people standards are redirection (with a toy)or treating them like how their mother would by placing your hand on their head and pushing it down and holding for a couple of seconds.

Rewarding good behaviour with a healthy treat always helps too:)

Ellie goes by Ellie unless shes in trouble. And then when shes in trouble, she gets the full name, Elvira. Then she stops what shes doing and looks at me, then foot flicks off.
Using their names often helps them learn them.

And in our case, singing Elvira by the Oak Ridge Boys helped her to learn her name from really young. We sing to her almost daily. LOL

All my bunnies think that 'Hey No STOP THAT! " is their name! One of my four is a lop also. Here is a pic of her. Her name is Lady but most days it's Hey no stop that! :)

Vanessa

LadyinTub.jpg

Latest posts

Back