Bunny scared of heights?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Furry_Paws

Reaction score
Okay so I got this new hutch, and it has about a foot jump down to the first story, and Sage refuses to jump down, even for a treat. Because of that, she doesn't get to experience all the room in the hutch, so basically she is cooped up in the first story, where she gets bored and starts chewing the hutch! I mean come on!! And this is the weird thing, when she used to free range in my room, she jumped two and a half feet on to my bed, and then down. Like what the heck? Do you have any suggestions. I'm lost. She needs to stop chewing and needs more exercise, which she will get, considering the first floor has a run and another 2 by 2 room. Please help!

ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1393797582.346605.jpg

Jumping up is easier for a bunny than jumping down. Try putting a box under the jump so that Sage can use it as a halfway point. That way she only has to go five or six inches at at time.

Natasha's got a wooden box to use for that purpose, with a terrycloth towel stapled to the top to provide good footing, and she loves it. In fact, she'll often use it as a hiding place when new people come in the house, since it's halfway between her two levels and shaded from view.

Thanks so much! I put a little wooden box in there for her and folded one of her favorite blankets on top of the box and she actually uses it! Thanks so much!!

Sometimes it just takes awhile to build up courage. Bella took a few days to use all the levels in her NIC condo.

Latest posts

Back