What is this behaviour?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trslmjns

Reaction score
So I got a new bunny friend for my current bunny, a boy called Dobby. She's not fixed as she was a breeder's bunny, but I've got her and Dobby in two separate hutches next to each other. I plan to book her in to get spayed this week. Anyway, my new bun sorta banged on the cage with her two front paws when my guinea pig went up to sniff her, and I saw her doing the same thing with Dobby yesterday arvo and Dobby doing it back. I was wondering if this sort of behaviour actually meant anything?

Also, when I went to feed them this morning, they have both been pooing all over the place even though I know for sure my boy knows how to use a litter box. Are they just marking their territory?

The pooping everywhere is definitely territorial behaviour, they're just marking what belongs to them. It should settle down with a little bit of time.

The pooping everywhere is definitely territorial behaviour, they're just marking what belongs to them. It should settle down with a little bit of time.

I agree with Azerane.... I had the same problem when I had first gotten my two rescue bunnies that were not bonded. It should stop after you get them bonded and also if you decide to get her fixed. If not, if they bond it should die down.

Vanessa

Latest posts

Back