Hello from Upstate NY

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynzi777

Reaction score
Just came across this website in my search online for Mini Satin rabbits and was wondering if anyone here could help me. I am a new owner of a mini satin rabbit and would like to know if there are any other breeders in my area that raise this breed. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks!

I don't know any mini satin breeders, but I live near Syracuse. I think two of my rabbits are mini satins that I bought from Eblings Pet Center, but I this is a conclusion I came to on my own as I was just told they were dwarf bunnies when I bought them. Maybe you could give them a call and see if they could put you in touch with the breeder who sells them their rabbits. Also, I have been watching the website of a local breeder on syracuse-rabbit.com. At one time I was thinking of maybe getting a rabbit from her, but then decided to get one from the SPCA instead. I think if you just talk to one local breeder, even if they breed a different type of rabbit, they probably know other breeders in the area and can put you in touch with someone who might have what you are looking for.

Here's a picture of my bunny Fred who I think is a mini satin:

PC220025.jpg

He's a cutie! I like your cage too, is that something you made yourself? I would attach pics but I don't know how on this forum, not as easy as other's where I can just upload directly from my PC.

He's a cutie! I like your cage too, is that something you made yourself? I would attach pics but I don't know how on this forum, not as easy as other's where I can just upload directly from my PC.

Yes, my husband made the hutches for our three rabbits. Got your PM. Glad you found a bunny. Are you planning on breeding them?

Yes I am, as well as show them. The doe I got is really nice looking, small and petite, short ears. I have to do some more research on what the standards are for mini satins but the woman I got her from has been showing rabbits for 8 years now so she comes from a nice background. The buck has the same lines in his background so I'm hoping to get some nice babies from the two.

Latest posts

Back