HELP! Rabbit Missing. :'(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoneySereanaBunny

Bunny Lover
Reaction score
I have two rabbits, they are sisters and I have had them for almost 4 1/2 yrs now. They are four and a half. Honey likes exploring and has gone missing for a couple of days a few times before. Last tuesday she went missing, and almost a week later she has not come back. Lots of people have seen a fox around, and I am very worried for her. The rest of my family think the fox got her, but I dont belive it. We found some of her fur in our garden and our neigbours garden, but she is moulting quite a lot at the moment. We have put up posters, and given one to our local vet, and I am going to check the local rescue centers.
I am also worried about my other rabbit, Sereana. She is quite a quiet lazy rabbit, but I am worried that she is lonely, as she has only been a day without her sister before this.
we also let them run in the garden in the day, but scince Honey went missing, we dont. We thought the garden was rabbit proofed, but I found a gap.
Please help, I miss Honey so much:cry1::bunny19:missyou:bunnyheart

Also, I have been feeding them together, but now Honey isent here, should i just feed Sereana half of what i did? How many grams? I think she is a Dwarf x Lop or a Dwarf Lop. Im not really sure, when i bought them the breeder wasent there, just her friend!

I'm sorry your bunny is missing. Hopefully she turns up soon or someone finds her. The posters are good. You may also want to check around your neighborhood and maybe ask some neighbors if they have seen a rabbit wandering around.

It would be good to keep an eye on your other bun and make sure she doesn't stop eating, as this can sometimes happen when a rabbit loses it's bonded friend.

If they were both about the same size, then yes, you can split the food amount in half for feeding your one bun.

Hopefully she comes back. I've heard rabbits usually stay close to where their food and water is. When my bun escaped he stayed in the bushes in the back yard. My friends rabbit dug out a couple times and they found her in the front yard after a few days both times.
Good luck and don't give up

Exact thing happened to me. A week in a half later i asked my neighbor (a creepy old man that's never home) if he's seen him and he said he sees him out the window in his yard or around his driveway he said he put out a carrot that morning and I went to check on it and it had bite marks. I knew my baby was alive an then I found him under my neighbors car. Though it took about an hour to actually catch him since my neighbor has like 5 cars and Dobby (my rabbit) could dart from one to the other. I'm sure you will find your little bundle if joy soon. :) maybe you could put some carrots or treats out and around for a couple days and see if their is bite marks like what my neighbor did. Also I kept my hutch door open so at night he could come in if he wanted and my gate to my yard open and just checked to see if he was their or not since in the times before when he got out he came right back to his cage. Good luck!! -crossing fingers and sending good bunny waves to you!!- :)

Have you found the rabbit ?

no. a person who lives on our street phoned us up, after he saw the posters I put up. He said he saw some white fur and some skin in his garden, next to some fox droppings. :'( I am so upset, unless there is another white bunny been killed, then honey isent coming back. :'(

That's awful! I'm so sorry. Maybe it was white cat fur?! My fingers are crossed that she comes back. Don't give up hope. I got my indoor only cat back one month after he was lost. It's awful to lose a pet (((hugs))))

I'm so sorry to hear that. I think it's very nice of the person to ring and let you know though, many people wouldn't.

I'm holding out hope for you that the fur was from another animal, and not your Honey.

Thank you for taking the time to come on here, and suggest things and give your support :) i appreciate it. I wont give up hope, like you said. Im still hoping she will come back.:anotherbun

Latest posts

Back