Peanut is a SHE & is getting spayed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauraelizxo

Reaction score
I brought peanut to get neutered this morning. About 2 hours later the vet called to let me know that HE is a SHE & to see if I would like her to get spayed. I went through with the surgery.

I'm SOOOO nervous & I'm praying she makes it through.

Do any of you have good experiences with spaying???
Will peanut be mad at me now & act different?
What are your experiences?

Any advice or experiences will help ease my mind!!!

My poor baby was so nervous this morning: ImageUploadedByRabbit Forum1412007377.725303.jpg

I have two sisters, and got them spayed. They were fighting, but are bondend and a lot carmer now. They will be a bit sore for a while, but nothing went wrong at all. hope it goes well!

You'll want to make sure the vet sends pain meds home, usually metacam/meloxicam. Spays are an invasive surgery, so your rabbit will be pretty sore from it. Keep encouraging her to eat after her surgery. If she normally gets veggies/herbs, try offering those(as well as her hay and pellets) as leafy veggies are some of the first things my rabbit would eat after their surgeries. It can sometimes take a while to get them eating again due to pain and nausea from the anesthetic. If she isn't eating and drinking by tomorrow, you need to contact your vet as you may need to start syringe feeds.

Peanut really does look like my Willow. She is gorgeous. :) I have not had any experience with spaying/neutering a rabbit so I can not offer any advice, though I hope everything goes well with her surgery! :bunnyhug:

Latest posts

Back