New friend for Luna *Urgent*

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saffy

Reaction score
9 Ladies Stone Circle - Derbyshire, , United King
Luna is a four and a half year old Netherland Dwarf with E. Cuniculi. Thank Goodness we seem to have it under control now, but last year she was very ill with this ... rolling around, spasming, thought that lying on her side was the right way up ... I'm sure most of you know the symptoms.

She pulled through and although one eye is smaller than the other and has a white film over it she is doing brilliantly. In fact, you would never know she had been so bad had you not seen it for yourself.

My dilemma .. and I need advice as soon as possible please.

Her friend Benji died last week and whilst she has now begun to eat and seems happy enough, we all know that bunnies like to have other bunny friends to talk to as we humans just don't make sense at times.

How am I going to treat this new rabbit? Luna is on a course of Panacur at the moment (We tend to treat her every 4 months or so) .... Do I put the new bunny on it straight away? (We are hoping to bond them)

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Generally it is a good idea to put a new bun through a course of panacur when first brought into the home. With your other bun having EC issues and being on panacur already, I would think it would be good to give the new bun the panacur as well for this one time.

Latest posts

Back