Thanks for the warm welcome, and here's my bunny story...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmberNBuns

Reaction score
Thank you all for your friendygreetings! Finally I have found a rabbit forum with some activity. Yes, it has been 3 years since I lost my first 2 bunnies, and it doesn't seem that long ago.

My name is Amber, and My Fiance's name is Nick. We started out with a pit-bull/sharpei/??? puppy 2 years ago. Her name is Little Lady (After her mother, Lady)

[align=center]
DCAO0088.jpg
[/align]
Last November, Nick's mom found a rabbit in her yard, and amazingly, it was SO TAME that it let her catch it. She called us up and offered him to us. I was not expecting to want him, just because it was so hard to lose my rabbits before and, to tell you the truth, I didn't think there was a chance that any other bunny could be as wonderful as Benny and Thumper.

Well it was definitely love at first sight. I was so impressed by how well he tolerated being handled. And he was really affectionate. So we took him home that night.

Nick wanted to call him Stew. I said no way, but we did decide to name him Kibbles, as a compromise, I guess. We almost called him nuts, because he has an underdeveloped testicle - For a long time we thought he had just one. heh heh...

[align=center]
DCAO0085.jpg
[/align]
So this was the new love of my life. (second to Nick of course :D) We went to the pet store to get all the necessities, but we couldn't afford a cage at the time. So we put kibbles in the bathtub. He seemed pretty comfortable in there, with a towel spread out so he didn't slip. It was nice because it ensured that I didn't ever neglect to visit him, even on my busiest of days.

[align=center]
030216_035.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]One day he discovered he could jump out of the bathtub. So we allowed him the entire bathroom. He hadhis food and water and box in the tub, but he would hangout on the mat all day. We just kept the lid down and the door closed, with a "bun on the run" sign on the outside of the door. Our friends think we are strange or something.[/align]

[align=left]I moved him to our bedroom for a while, but it was a bit too much space for him to have if we wanted him to keep his litter training. (He is not neutered yet) But it was fun for awhile. We had a couch right next to our bed and Kibbles would jump on to the arm, and then do a bounce bounce plop move across both of our heads and down to the floor on the other side. Every Single Night. Drove us nuts. Back in the bathroom he went...[/align]

[align=left]I began to notice that he was not seeming too happy. One day I was out and about with my sister, and we stopped in at the pet store. OMG there was the cutest little bunny in with the guinea pigs. He is a Netherland Dwarf, I believe. I picked him up and he was pretty calm about beinghandled also. I just didn't want to leave. I didn't think Nick would go for another rabbit, but I asked them to hold him anyways. We went home, and I told him that Kibbles was sadand I could make him better for $30... He was surprisingly unopposed to the idea. I think by now he had been bitten by the bunny charm... We went down right then and picked him up.[/align]

[align=center]
040524_026.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]We decided to call him Theodore, because he looks like a little chipmunk. We introduced Kibbles and Theodore, and it didn't take 10 seconds for Kibbles to figure out what to do...:shock: So I was a little disappointed, though not surprised, that it was going to be a while before they can become friends.[/align]

[align=left]Kibbles was just in love with Theodore. We put Theodore in the tub, and put wire across the top with a door in the middle. Then we put a shelf on each end of the bathtub. Kibbles would sit up there and watch Theodore all day.(I had to give him a stuffed animal so he wasn't too frustrated...)[/align]

[align=center]
Kibbles_and_Theodore_009.jpg
[/align]

[align=left]Kibbles was a whole new bunny. He was friendly and social again! He started approaching people and soliciting attention when the went in the bathroom by pawing up their leg. I thought this was just great![/align]

[align=left]Well a couple of weeks later, Kibbles started spraying. I have never seen a rabbit do so much! I was able to tolerate it for quite a while. I would just cleanup every single day. Well, we went out of town for 3 nights last weekend and my sister was checking up on them each day.Apparently, while we were gone, Kibbles had made the most grand masterpiece of them all in our bathroom. (I didn't know we had such an acrobat) And it seems that Theodore was just about fed up with all this. We came back to 2 grumpy bunnies, one with a big bite in his nose.[/align]

[align=left]They say that Netherland Dwarf Males can have temper problems. They are obviously right. Kibbles probably put his nose down for a nuzzle and gave Theodore a chance to express his displeasure. I took him to the vet today and his nose should be fine, but I don't think it will completely come back together the way it was. Needless to say, Kibbles is in a pretty bad mood now. I was worried that he would stop eating because he kept bumping his nose on his pellets, but to my relief he is eating his pellets. He just started cleaning his face again yesterday. We moved him back into our room for now, and he has an appointment with a pair of scissors next Thursday.[/align]

[align=left]So that's the story (most of it) of AmberNBuns.It is nice to meet all of you. Finally I have a place where I can blog about my rabbits and there will be someone interested enough to read it. I will post more pictures if you guys like. I have a ton. Not just of my bunnies either. I have an addiction to bunny pictures and I save most of the ones I see on the Internet. (That's where I found my avatar) They are just the most amazingly cute intriguing and beautiful animals I have ever known.[/align]

[align=left]What can I say? I am one of you guys... :D[/align]

Oh yeah and I forgot to mention...Little lady was afriad of Kibbles at first. She would act likehe was a spider or something. She seemed to act likeit was okay as long as he didn't try and touch her. That just blew me away... LOL

We finally got her to accept Kibbles. Here is a pic of them cuddling on the couch.

[align=center]
Little_Lady_and_Kibbles.jpg
[/align]

[align=center]:D[/align]

Hi AmberN2buns! :dude:

Boy, do I know what you mean when you said you finally found a rabbitforum that's active. I think this board moves very quickly.

(I sit down to check out the forum for the first time in a couple ofhours and Tucker comes over and knocks my water over the minute I starttyping.)

The above story should be published. I swear it should. The picturesfit perfectly, your an excellent storyteller, and obviously your loveof animals is very strong. Sounds like Kibbles (Stew: that's a reallyfunny name for a rabbit) was someone's pet and somehow got loose beingso tame. That face on him is so expressive. With a look like that, Idoubt he'll ever grow out of the adolescence-stage of thinking. Justlooks like he wants to have fun fun fun! Seems that he doesn't like itwhen Mom and Dad aren't around though with all the artwork he left foryou. I'm sure you needed to paint that room anyway. He was merelyhelping you out.

What can I say about that closeup of Theodore! I don't think it getscuter than that. Wait'll you see some of the folks bunnies in here.We've got a great looking group of rabbits here, and people too. (Ialways forget about the people.)

Can't believe that tough guy Theodore decided to give Kibbles a nose job! I thought his nose was just fine.

Well, I guess that'll teach you to go away for 3 days, hmm?

I can't get over the beauty of Little Lady too. What a softy to allowthe bunny to be on her like that. That always blows me away when I seepredator and prey together and in love. I don't think I'll ever getused to seeing that.

I only have one rabbit, Tucker, but I may be getting a second soon.Time will tell. A dear friend of mine has rescued two rabbits and ifone of them gets along with Tucker, then one can take up residence withme. Tucker's a 3 year old Polish and if he's not king of the house,he'll surely make my life challenging because when he gets mad, he's achewer. Love him as much as you love Lady, Kibbles, Theodore, and ofcourse Benny and Thumper. Once these ears get into your heart, you'redone for.

I really hope you enjoy it here.

-Carolyn

Welcome to the board, Ambern2buns! This is a great story! I feel now as if I know your buns very well.

You're definitely a "bunny person" and will fit in very well here. :)

This is a great bunch of people and every interest in the bunny life that you could ever have will be fulfilled here.

Again, welcome!

--BunnyMommy and Sherman

Amber,

Would you mind posting the full-size picture of your avatar? I love thepictures that you can see those noses in and you capture them perfectlyin your camera.

That avatar just makes me giggle whenever I see it. It's so funny, and so desperate to tell you, "LET ME OUUUUTT!!"

*laughing hysterically*

I just have to see it full-size.

-Carolyn

Thanks for asking this, Carolyn!

I've been sitting here for the last few minutes straining thesepoor middle-aged eyes trying to make it out! :)

All of your little babies-bunnies and doggiealike-are adorable! Kibbles reminds me of my littleman...he's getting snipped soon too...he doesn't spray though...buthe's a very good boy and is good about only going in hiscage. I know what you mean...rabbits are just so wonderfuland almost addictive. I could spend all day watching Emmitrun around and then have him flop on my lap when he FINALLY getstired. Hopefully soon we can also give him afriend. Anyway, thanks for sharing your story...good luckwith your two buns! Oh! How does the dog like them?

The little one's nose is pressed as far through the 'jail bars' as s/he can get.

It's too funny, BunnyMommy.

-Carolyn

ROFL!

What a great story and wonderful pictures. All of your critters arejust TOO adorable! I couldn't help but read your story to my husbandand he said it sounded just like us (especially the part about goingback to the pet store to get another one LOL)! We have only beeninfected with the bunny fever for about 2 months now but we also foundours on the streets roaming around loose and we fell HARD. Tramp isdefinitely in love with my husband, and Pigeon gave me my first bunnykisses just a few nights ago! I can tell from your story you loveyour's just as much. Keep the pictures rolling in and I agree... I wantto see that avatar up close!

Cheryl

Hi Ambern2buns, welcome! I enjoyed reading yourstory about your animals! I had a cocker spaniel named Lady, well herfull name was Lady Lovely Locks, but Lady for short :D Rightnow, I have 1 bunny, her name is Oreo & she's 4yrs old :D

All your animals are adorable! I love the name Kibbles, it's so cute & matches with your bunny!

~pam

By popular demand.... I give you Bunny Nose!

[align=center]
nose.jpg
[/align]
I did not take this picture. This is one of themany thatI snagged off the net somewhere. Enjoy!

Oh!Oh!

This is the SWEETEST picture!!!

This is one of those kinds of pictures that make you want to jump up squealing and clapping!!! :D

I know. I do that too.
4_1_2.gif
LOL But only about bunnies. And my sister says oooooooooooooooooh BUN-neeee!in a squeaky high pitch.
11_1_206.gif

Nick says we are such girls...
4_13_4.gif

Latest posts

Back