Girl Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinniebunnie

Reaction score
I have two rabbits, one male who is nearly threeand who I have had for nearly that long and a female who I got inoctober who is about 7-8 months. My male has been neutered as I don'twant them breeding and only got her as felt he looked lonely. I havejust noticed that she has made a nest and was just wondering if thiswas normel for un spayed females even if they could not be pregnant. Iwas also wondering if female rabbits are more viscious that males as myboy is so easygoing and easy too handle but she makes noises and bit mequite hard the other day and now I don't like picking her up. Iwondered if it was because she has not been handled as much as him orif it was a hormonal thing as I obviously don't want a rabbit who Ican't pick up and cuddle.

Hi Vinniebunnie,

Yes, rabbits do have false pregancies and they go through all the motions.

It sounds as if your doe's hormones are getting the best of her withthe grunts, etc. Be patient. If she's not going to be bred, I'drecommend you getting her spayed. It usually makes them more lovingplus it's better for her in the long run because most females thataren't spayed die of uterine cancer after a few years.

If she your male and they get along well, you're lucky! Rabbits don'talways bond naturally and if you have a pair that does get along well,I wouldn't cash in on her now.

It seems that rabbits tend to fall deeply in love with one other. Ifyou have one rabbit, you'll notice that it probably hangs out andkisses one person (two if you're lucky) and that's it. Two rabbitschoose each other and quite often the pet owner feels that they're onthe outside looking in.

-Carolyn

Thankyou was getting a bit worried. Was consideringgetting her done anyway as I know it is better for her health if she isnot going to be bred, so will definately do that now. When I asked thevet about her noises and getting her done he told me I didn't need tooas my boy is done but I don't think he can be that knowledgeable aboutrabbits as when I read around I found that eveyone advises you toifyou are not a breeder.

They do love eachother I thin and thay cuddle up and sleep next to andon top of eachother all the time and my little boy has looked muchhappier since I got him a girlfriend so hopefully once she has beenspayed she may calm down a bit and I will be able to pick her up orstroke her without getting my hand bitten off!

Well here's my take on it. As for my baby girl bun,she doesn't bite or grunt (Unless she feels she hasn't been playingoutside long enough she throws a tantrum, but what little kid or bunnywouldn't :p lol) And my boy Bun (Peppy), all I noticed withhim is he pee's all over the place (he's not neutered). I thinkdifferent breeds act differently. Megan likes to run aroundand be snuggled, where Peppy tries to run away, sheds like crazy andpee's all over the beds :( So I'd say give your lil girl bunsome time and as she gets used to you, I'm sure she'll mellow out :)

I'm sure she will be fine she is just so differentfrom vinnie who like I said is so easygoing and easy to handle. I wouldnever get rid of her though even if she didn't calm down as I love mybunnies! Just wanted to know if it was normal. Not an expert on girlanimals as for some reason we always seem to have boys.

Well I wouldn't worry about her. I think my bun hasonly tried to bite once or twice, but that's when we have to trap herin a corner to put her back in her cage. I'm sure she just feltthreatened and tried to protect herself. That was with my brother andmy mom, she's never bitten me. Anyway, slowly start petting her more,talk to her, cuddle her and I'm sure she'll realize you're no threatand will stop biting :)

Latest posts

Back