Any lists makers to track thier rabbits daily? Couple ?s

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinai

Reaction score
Ok I started to think about tracking what goes into AJ, water, greens, and treats wise. And weigh him about once a week (he weighed 2.1lbs at the vet! Yeah!). Does anyone else do this? If so should I add anything?

I have tried to get him to eat his hay and he does but I am having trouble finding out how much as he has started redecorating at night when I'm sleeping. Any advice?

AJ is becoming more skittish but is still full of energy and snuggles. I think he's just becoming more "rabbit" like he should be. But he's still a gem

I keep pretty close track o f my rabbits' diets. Weighing once per week is AWESOME- keep that up! For his whole life, if at all possible.

I would keep track of types of greens if you haven't been- the greens with a lot of calcium (spinach, kale, etc.) should be given, but sparingly (they have LOTS of good stuff in them, but too much calcium for regular intake).

It can be hard to keep track of hay intake, but if you are giving him the appropriate amount of treats (not many!) and veggies, and you are weighing him and he isn't losing any weight, he's eating enough hay. You should catch him eating it many times throughout the day.

I know my rabbits go through about 2 lbs/week (combined they should weight about 9 lbs) and I'm pretty sure 1 lb of that ends up on the carpet or cage floor. :p

Ravenous,
I actually thought of the greens and treats part too. Right now as I speak he is sitting on his hay eating his pellets and hay combined. A trick I learned although I have learned he eats more at dawn and dusk (like I've read)

I just started the lists but I am also limited on my greens supply as I am low on money but I am trying my best to scavenge wild greens and get other greens a bit at a time from a few friends or mom if she has them. Flowers are popping up so dandelions are abundant. I need to look up wild plants and cut the grass with the scissors :)

The only thing that I write down to keep track of is weekly weight checks. I make sure they're eating enough just by watching them and mentally keep track of that from day to day.

Yea I am always tracking my rabbits eating habits and monitoring her bowel habits.
It's seems to be trial and error with each bunny. I've tried everything to see what gets my rabbit to eat the most hay. She hates hay racks. And she always like her hay refilled a couple times a day. (Which is annoying for me because more wasted hay but I want the best for my little girl).
So of course I always have hay in the litter box and refresh this at least 2x a day. I see her in there nibbling but it's hard to tell how much she eats. So I recently added a kitchen bowl of oat hay and refill that nightly. It's easier to see how much hay she eats when she can't sit in it. I also have an empty tissue box that I stuff with Timothy and orchard hay that I give her every couple days. It seems the box is always here she doesn't eat from it, but when I introduce it every couple days it's like "new" to her and she eats more from it. She's such a strange little princess lol.

Another thing for me is, I've been doing research and I have decided to limit her pellets. She is a 2.5lbs lionhead and I use to feed her 1 tablespoon of pellets in the AM and 1 at night which is her recommended amount. Now I only give her 1 tablespoon daily. She hasn't lost any weight and she is eating more hay. And I always give her veggies in the morning and night.

Katie.

You may have just solved today's AJ issue! He hasn't been eating as much as normal and seems just "off" and not in a bad way but in any way gets a momma worried. I upped his pellets after going to the vets and he may be to full and uncomfy. He gets bursts of energy them goes back to "off" but this also happens to be when my dog decided to go for AJ and scared him pretty good.

I am writing down the food and water and 1x a week weight because I want to see what he's eating and not eating eventual trends

Latest posts

Back